And we're back!

Main Menu

Fidel Castro Dead

Started by Habbaku, November 26, 2016, 12:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 28, 2016, 05:33:19 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 26, 2016, 04:59:07 PM
For the record, in case anyone was wondering, I would be proud if my President said the first quote. I would be disgusted and ashamed if my President said the second.

Your President is an international disgrace no matter what he says about Castro.
At least that is one thing we have in common with Poland now.

Squeeze that last bit of Obama hate out of the time that remains!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Good riddance you dirty commie.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 28, 2016, 05:29:13 PM
Anchorman. Never mind!

I am the true international disgrace Spicey, even surpassing Obama, as I have never seen Anchorman. :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on November 28, 2016, 07:30:10 PM
Good riddance you dirty commie.

If only JFK could have lived to see this moment.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment link=topic=14503.msg1039146#msg1039146
Trudeau is making a different point that the one that is being ascribed to him.  Its a questionable point that can disagreed with but putting a false quote him is not honest disagreement and not engaging with his point, such as it was.
he made that point 24hrs after his first comments, once his advisers told him what t say and had him repeat it a few times.  Same as with the Castro story.

I interpreted the image as a paraphrase of his position on the issue.  If you look at his campaign platform and his actions as Prime Minister, he certainly goes out of his way to justify extreme religious practice in the name of cultural tolerance.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2016, 07:31:52 PM
Anchorman. Never mind!

I am the true international disgrace Spicey, even surpassing Obama, as I have never seen Anchorman. :weep:
you should, it's a verry silly and funny movie.

Los Angeles, go fuck yourself!
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2016, 07:31:52 PM
Anchorman. Never mind!

I've only seen bits and pieces. So don't feel bad.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttiyAw4y4Ck

I think this might be the pre-"clarification" Trudeau soundbyte.  "We don't want to upset the honor-killers and clit rippers."

In tracking this down I saw one article that mentioned how the official president of the United States has called ISIS barbaric in official statements.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on November 28, 2016, 05:09:19 PM
Quote from: grumbler on November 28, 2016, 03:16:34 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 28, 2016, 02:57:21 PM
Quote from: celedhring on November 27, 2016, 03:33:31 PM
Imho yeah, Fidel Castro brought many good things to Cuba. He also brought shitloads of bad things that weren't all that necessary in order to bring the good ones. You don't need to become a repressive dictator for nearly 60 years in order to improve education and healthcare, and kick out the mob and its cronies.

I wish my leftie comrades were able to call a spade a spade.

The USA has yet to do any of that

Then no country ever has done that.  So what?  That truism doesn't detract from the point about the repressive dictatorship.

No country has ever improved education and healthcare?
If the USA hasn't, then no, as I noted.  Not that that is relevant to Castro's repressive dictatorship.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on November 28, 2016, 06:10:11 PM
Go Joan!  :punk:

He deserves it not running for a third term and saving us from the horrors of the last election
Mr Con law prof had to be the one major national politician with scruples about following the Constitution
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Castro
The Hitler comparisons are just silly it's what Godwins rule was made for

Franco is a more interesting comparison.  There are still pro-Francoist strains even today on the fringes of the euro-right
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2016, 08:05:24 PM
In tracking this down I saw one article that mentioned how the official president of the United States has called ISIS barbaric in official statements.

Obama>Trudeau
No argument there
--Joan Robinson