And we're back!

Main Menu

Social Media, the Filter Bubble and Us

Started by DGuller, November 22, 2016, 11:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 25, 2016, 12:10:23 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 24, 2016, 10:39:18 PM
I'd tell you guys if I had voted Trump. If Ohio had looked close I probably would have.

Seedy and Blueberry Boy think I voted for him? Cool-- I don't care.

I got your back on this one, but I gotta say that's some bass ackward thinking Bubba.  Vote for Trump if it's close???

I wouldn't have felt good about it, but Hillary had to be defeated.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

And the truth comes out!

Oh wait, we knew he was a Trump supporter all along.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 24, 2016, 01:29:02 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 24, 2016, 12:43:57 PM
I imagine that voting for Trump is not something that you would be open about on a forum like that, unless you're comfortable in the village idiot role.  Not because we're an echo chamber, but because we have standards for discourse that we all hold each other to, and pro-Trump arguments can't survive first contact with such an environment.  I imagine that at least a couple of regular Languish posters did vote from Trump, but either never said anything publicly to that effect, or pretended to vote for someone else.

That's a slightly more pleasant way of calling Speesh a liar than Seedy's way, but not much.

....and it turns out that DG was exactly correct...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

citizen k

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 25, 2016, 12:10:23 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 24, 2016, 10:39:18 PM
I'd tell you guys if I had voted Trump. If Ohio had looked close I probably would have.

Seedy and Blueberry Boy think I voted for him? Cool-- I don't care.

I got your back on this one, but I gotta say that's some bass ackward thinking Bubba.  Vote for Trump if it's close???

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Berkut on November 25, 2016, 01:34:46 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 24, 2016, 01:29:02 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 24, 2016, 12:43:57 PM
I imagine that voting for Trump is not something that you would be open about on a forum like that, unless you're comfortable in the village idiot role.  Not because we're an echo chamber, but because we have standards for discourse that we all hold each other to, and pro-Trump arguments can't survive first contact with such an environment.  I imagine that at least a couple of regular Languish posters did vote from Trump, but either never said anything publicly to that effect, or pretended to vote for someone else.

That's a slightly more pleasant way of calling Speesh a liar than Seedy's way, but not much.

....and it turns out that DG was exactly correct...

He hasn't exactly been shy about stating he'd vote against Hillary regardless.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Legbiter

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 23, 2016, 02:41:52 PMI think we all are to some degree. Basically, the more you were surprised Trump won, the more in a bubble you were. Me included. I mean, I knew enough to be expecting the unexpected, but not enough to actually not be surprised by the result.

Yeah presumably those who voted for him were a little less surprised about his win.  :hmm: The retard pundit class is maybe not representative.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Tamas

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 25, 2016, 04:14:09 AM

He hasn't exactly been shy about stating he'd vote against Hillary regardless.

What are we even arguing about, in regards to derspies? He was insufferable after Trump's victory, only outdone by Martinus. He clearly, and very obviously, voted Trump. It's his right, but it would have been way more classy to just admit it.

Eddie Teach

I, and I believe Yi, are willing to take him at his word that he voted for Johnson. Even so, he readily admitted multiple times that he liked Trump better than Clinton. Of course he's going to exhibit a bit of schadenfreude at some of the Clinton supporters acting like it's the end of the world.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Tamas on November 25, 2016, 05:40:03 AM
What are we even arguing about, in regards to derspies? He was insufferable after Trump's victory, only outdone by Martinus. He clearly, and very obviously, voted Trump. It's his right, but it would have been way more classy to just admit it.

You guys are hilarious :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Derspicy didn't vote for Johnson. Anyone who believes that is gullible. Trump win means he gets to break out his extra special uniforms.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on November 25, 2016, 01:09:02 PM
Derspicy didn't vote for Johnson. Anyone who believes that is gullible. Trump win means he gets to break out his extra special uniforms.

Ah, the irony of picking up that extra-special dry cleaning at an immgrant-owned cleaners.  #WhitePowerExtraStarch

derspiess

MadImmortalMan

Time magazine. I have these in my living room it's sequential order.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Do you have the limited edition Madame President one? :D

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on November 25, 2016, 12:19:20 PM
Quote from: Tamas on November 25, 2016, 05:40:03 AM

You guys are hilarious :lol:

Who is not with us is against us. It's the today's left motto.