Best Animated Children's Shows - Last 5 Years?

Started by Malthus, November 16, 2016, 11:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2016, 01:30:18 PM
Let's see, if you ask my kids some of their favourites are:

Paw Patrol :bleeding:
LEGO Ninjago
Transformers Rescuebots
Star Wars Rebels

All of course are designed around selling toys... :bleeding:

My son is addicted to the Paw Patrol like fucking crack or something. He's all sad & moppy but then it comes on tv & POOF you can actually talk with him. It's like he's a teenager, ffs.

@Malthus, I have no new suggestions to add, my children are still too young & I quebec francophone cartoons are no use to you.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

I occasionally watch cartoon network lately.
Adventure Time and Teen Titans are fun.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 16, 2016, 02:33:21 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2016, 01:30:18 PM
Let's see, if you ask my kids some of their favourites are:

Paw Patrol :bleeding:
LEGO Ninjago
Transformers Rescuebots
Star Wars Rebels

All of course are designed around selling toys... :bleeding:

My son is addicted to the Paw Patrol like fucking crack or something. He's all sad & moppy but then it comes on tv & POOF you can actually talk with him. It's like he's a teenager, ffs.

@Malthus, I have no new suggestions to add, my children are still too young & I quebec francophone cartoons are no use to you.

All my kids were into Paw Patrol about a year ago in a massive way, but Timmy has outdrown it by now.  My youngest, Joshua, is still obsessed.  There's no way you're going to be talking to him if Paw Patrol is on.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on November 16, 2016, 02:03:08 PM
You could go for some classics like 90s Batman, Justice League, Avengers, Gargoyles, ...

I really liked Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears, and I am not ashamed to say so.  :sleep:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on November 16, 2016, 11:01:38 AM
I'm collecting recommendations here for my kid, who is nearly 11. 

He's a big fan of Gravity Falls and Star vs. The Forces of Evil, both Disney shows (albeit not standard Disney fare).

I've head good things about Steven Universe, though I've never seen any episodes.

Any other good, recent animated shows out there? Let me know!

[And no, Rick and Morty isn't a kids show. :D]

It's older than 5 years, but Avatar the Last Airbender, and its sequel are good.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on November 16, 2016, 02:11:20 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2016, 02:01:49 PM
Oh, the latest version of VeggieTales (Netflix exclusive) is a surprising hit around our house as well.   :)

None of which helps Malthus in the slightest.  ;)

:D

Actually, he still likes Lego Ninjago a bit. Though in terms of sophistication, it is light years behind a show like Gravity Falls (which is easily his favorite).

He's gotten into Star vs. The Forces of Evil more recently, because it is still ongoing. It looks entirely like a more girl-appropriate "magical princess" show, while being, to a great extent, a deconstruction of what you would normally assume of a Disney princess (the lead character is a cheerful but dangerous maniac, and some of the plots are basically G-rated horror - one in particular we saw the other day was as if David Cronenberg wrote a Disney kid's show  :D).

Graduate to PG13 animated horror and have him watch Modoka Magika instead.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Anybody that exposes their kids to Canadian kids programming should be summarily shot.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 16, 2016, 08:13:51 PM
Anybody that exposes their kids to Canadian kids programming should be summarily shot.

Case in point:  Caillou. 

That whiny little shit.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Lola used to watch some educational show with dogs that had one crippled dog.  Found that terribly depressing.

Ed Anger

Also, Peppa Pig. WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT OF THIS?

Shitty Aussie shit.

derspiess

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on November 16, 2016, 08:22:34 PM
That's British, isn't it?

It comes from a retarded commonwealth country. So I just picked one.