News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is this true? Black slave masters

Started by Siege, November 16, 2016, 07:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 16, 2016, 08:38:50 PM
Not long until Seedy's sugar jag wears off.

He got into a Patti LaBelle Peach cobbler.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I'll be rolling out the 2017 Toyota Ambien in about an hour or two, yeah.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

Quote from: Siege on November 16, 2016, 06:31:27 PM
It is just a curious fact of life that no liberal ever heard about. And I wonder why.

It's not that unknown; they even did an episode of A Different World on the subject.  Whitley discovers her black ancestors owned slaves and feels so ashamed that she her life slides into a downward cycle of self-destructive behavior culminating in her marriage to Dwayne.  Just kidding, she got over it by the end of the episode; and why she started dating Dwayne still remains one of television's greatest mysteries.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Those glasses got Dwayne plenty of tail.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 16, 2016, 09:40:22 PM
Those glasses got Dwayne plenty of tail.

Not everybody could wear a high fade cut like that, either.  I know I couldn't.

Admiral Yi

Valmy

I was taught that blacks owned, and still own, slaves in both High School and College. Very Liberal professors seemed very aware of it and every history I have read on the subject mentions this. So how it is outside the "general narrative" or something no Liberal knows is beyond me.

Well actually it is clear to me. It is essential to create this lie in order to advance conspiracy theories as facts and discredit historians.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 17, 2016, 10:54:24 AM
:lol:  Okay Valmy. 

I care about history. Making up lies about how slavery is presented in history does not amuse me. I challenge you to find ONE historical study on the subject that supports your supposed "general narrative". Hell find me a High School textbook.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Seems an odd thing to teach in high school. I was never taught it.  It really isn't historically significant and there are many more important things to cover in limited time/space.  Which is why I said it was a quirk.  You guys read way too much into things sometimes.

Barrister

In high school grade 10 I took an optional course in US history.  Pretty sure that "blacks also owned slaves" wasn't mentioned - thee's only so much nuance you can fit into a one term class for 16 year olds.

Mind you as an adult with a history obsession I certainly knew that fact.  But I wouldn't be shocked if someone didn't.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 17, 2016, 11:01:01 AM
I care about history. Making up lies about how slavery is presented in history does not amuse me. I challenge you to find ONE historical study on the subject that supports your supposed "general narrative". Hell find me a High School textbook.
We never learnt in high school that black americans had black slaves ;)

TBH, we never learnt in school either that there were slaves in New France.  So I guess we fit that liberal narrative here about slavery.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on November 17, 2016, 11:11:39 AM
But I wouldn't be shocked if someone didn't.
it's also a little different for us, Canadians, than Americans.  Slavery was never as widespread as in the Southern US, and we never were a central place for slave trade.  Cotton and tobacco didn't grew that well here, and regular farms didn't require as much workforce as the american&carribean plantations.  Besides, the British needed fighting men to repulse any potential american attack, so having freed men who could join the militia was much more useful than slaves.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.