News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

what's next for Paradox?

Started by Maladict, November 13, 2016, 12:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

They seem to have no upcoming games. Anyone have a clue where they might go next?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Crazy_Ivan80

Zanza

CK2 has two more DLCs coming before they stop creating content for it.

EU4 is a bit younger than CK2 and just had one of its best DLCs with RoM, so I guess they'll create more content for that too.

HoI4 and Stellaris are new games, so they'll create content for these for a while.

Victoria and Rome weren't as successful as the other series, so it's somewhat doubtful they'll get a sequel. It's possible though. I would guess Rome then as that is a more popular timeframe than Victoria.

Not sure what they could do next then. A fantasy game? That would allow them to build on their grand strategy engine and still create new IP. A bit similar to Stellaris.

dps

Quote from: Zanza on November 13, 2016, 03:47:15 PM

Not sure what they could do next then. A fantasy game? That would allow them to build on their grand strategy engine and still create new IP. A bit similar to Stellaris.

Why bother doing a fantasy game when their plans seem to be fantasy DLCs for what used to be games with historical settings?

DGuller

I think EU4 has another half a dozen DLCs in it.

Berkut

Didnt they just release some kind of RPG?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

jimmy olsen

They bought the World of Darkness, so I assume they're going to do something Vampire related soon enough.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: Berkut on November 13, 2016, 11:09:13 PM
Published it, but it was developed by Obsidian.

Personally I hope for a Rome/ancient world game based on CK2's systems.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on November 13, 2016, 11:40:21 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 13, 2016, 11:09:13 PM
Published it, but it was developed by Obsidian.

Personally I hope for a Rome/ancient world game based on CK2's systems.

With Vampires!  :menace:

Troile and her lover Moloch must be destroyed! Rome and the Ventrue must prevail!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Shortly after Stellaris' release they pulled Henrik Faehreus (no fun Scandie squiggles in my keyboard, sorry) from the project to develop a new unannounced game.  So there's something in the pipeline.

Syt

And the endless delays of HoI4 and their canceled Norse RPG has taught them to not announce something until there's a fixed roadmap to release.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: Syt on November 14, 2016, 04:46:19 AM
to not announce something until there's a fixed roadmap to release.

Confirmed by Frederick on the Q&A Interim Q3 Report on Twitch. :D When they know 100% which quarter it releases, with an average pre-release marketing period of 6-8 months.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Heh, those are some damn nice operating margins. Shareholder value!

I guess Paradox can afford me not buying their DLCs until they are dirt cheap, then.