News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

The Larch

The joint Congress and Senate session will resume in one hour.

Maladict

Quote from: The Larch on January 06, 2021, 06:53:23 PM
Fine people exiting the Capitol.

https://twitter.com/mattmiller757/status/1346944869588230144

They just let them walk out? With backpacks full of whatever they got their hands on?  :wacko:

Admiral Yi

I very much want to know who gave the order for the Capitol Police to play patty cake.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2021, 04:13:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 06, 2021, 04:12:02 PM
Grapeshot.  Just a whiff.

Grapeshot is a naval round.  The land version is cannister. :nerd:

Not so.  Grapeshot is a type of cannister-like shot with larger "pellets" than cannister, and strung together between wooden disks, rather than enclosed in a metal can.  It was used extensively in ship combat to wreck the enemy's rigging, and was used in land combat for medium-ranged antibattery fire.  cannister was much shorter-ranged and was purely anti-personnel, thus more used by military artillery in self-defense than by naval artillery (also in self-defense but as a preliminary for boarding, as well).

So the difference wasn't where they were used, but the size/number of the "pellets" and, subsequently, range and effectiveness.

:nerd: :nerd:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 06, 2021, 07:01:24 PM
I very much want to know who gave the order for the Capitol Police to play patty cake.

I want to think that, given how outnumbered they were, they were reeeeeallly wary of escalating the situation. The alternative is thinking that they're complicit.

Solmyr

Quote from: The Larch on January 06, 2021, 07:02:46 PM

I want to think that, given how outnumbered they were, they were reeeeeallly wary of escalating the situation. The alternative is thinking that they're complicit.

Then it's probably worth knowing who gave the order for them to be outnumbered.

The Larch

Quote from: Solmyr on January 06, 2021, 07:09:14 PM
Quote from: The Larch on January 06, 2021, 07:02:46 PM

Then it's probably worth knowing who gave the order for them to be outnumbered.

Yup, it was known that there'd be plenty of people with bad intentions, why there were so few people guarding the building is maybe *the* question to ask.

The Larch

Twitter has locked Trump's account for 12 hours.

Barrister

Trump has been temp-banned from Twitter for 12 hours. :lol:

Fucking ninja. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Solmyr

And apprently it will remain locked if he doesn't remove those tweets that were flagged. So... maybe forever? :unsure:

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 06, 2021, 06:05:17 PM
I become more convinced you are on the payroll of a Russian troll farm.

His Russian handlers wouldn't let him post the embarrassing self-revelations.

AR is just what a shy Trump voter looks and sounds like when he isn't among his own.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

FunkMonk

Just a reminder that today Donald Trump incited a mob to storm the Capitol during a joint session of Congress and the Vice President who were about to certify Trump's election loss.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 06, 2021, 06:45:08 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 06, 2021, 06:43:45 PM
My brother just texted me, "Damn, Tommy Tuberville gets sworn in and the Capitol defense immediately goes to shit."

Wow, that is really fucking funny.

It's kinda funny.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?