News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

So does D.C. has no riot police? Why are they not teargassing the shit out of people at least in front of the building? Is it confusing that they are white?

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 06, 2021, 02:54:47 PM
CNN is reporting that the National Guard has not yet intervened because the Defence Department has not yet authorized the change of mission

DoD doesn't have any authority over the Guard unless the Guard has been taken into national service.  I don't believe that that is the case for the DC Guard.  The mayor can deploy them.

Edit:  I was incorrect.  The DC Guard uniquely is part of the federal government.  The Mayor can only use them with permission from SecArmy (delegated from president). 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on January 06, 2021, 03:18:27 PM
So does D.C. has no riot police? Why are they not teargassing the shit out of people at least in front of the building? Is it confusing that they are white?

Yeah, the police were blinded by the whiteness and couldn't do anything.

DGuller

Yeah, that woman looks very dead, whoever she is.  :(

Solmyr

https://twitter.com/HomelandKen/status/1346903908854231041

Acting Deputy Secretary Ken Cuccinelli
@HomelandKen
For months over the summer we rightly condemned Antifa for storming federal buildings in Portland. If you are entering the Capitol Building against police orders, you must leave. There is a proper venue to resolve grievances. This is not it.

Bet these guys won't even get a fine.

Valmy

Did they storm the buildings? I thought they just sprayed graffiti on them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

I am sorry but this is getting pathetic. There were all the police brutality scenes from the BLM protests. And then it seems they have surrendered the Capitol and the safety of the Congress with little to no fight.

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on January 06, 2021, 03:18:37 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 06, 2021, 02:54:47 PM
CNN is reporting that the National Guard has not yet intervened because the Defence Department has not yet authorized the change of mission

DoD doesn't have any authority over the Guard unless the Guard has been taken into national service.  I don't believe that that is the case for the DC Guard.  The mayor can deploy them.

I have no idea, but your view is not consistent with the reporting on CNN.  Apparently the mayor has made the request, but the orders have not been issued.

Syt

Meanwhile, in Kansas:

https://twitter.com/TiffanyKSNT/status/1346905838598967304?s=20

QuoteBREAKING: Our Capitol Bureau confirms protestors have breached the Kansas statehouse.

Our Capitol Bureau reports the protestors are remaining peaceful at this time.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on January 06, 2021, 03:22:15 PM
I am sorry but this is getting pathetic. There were all the police brutality scenes from the BLM protests. And then it seems they have surrendered the Capitol and the safety of the Congress with little to no fight.

That's the thing with coups. Controlling the security forces is important.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on January 06, 2021, 03:22:15 PM

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Unbelievable. Seems like the building has been surrendered to a few hundred lunatics.

Admiral Yi

I'm a little surprised there are no reports of journalists from the fake news media being attacked or even verbally abused.