News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Habbaku on December 22, 2020, 08:22:55 PM
And so Trump pardons another batch of war criminals for what I'm sure is a great reason that's not racist at all.
They said, "That Trump fellow is the best president ever!"
What more reason does he need to do anything for someone?
PDH!

Eddie Teach

You should be focused on the moonshiner who did 3 years of probation in the 50s finally getting his name cleared. Feel good story of the year.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Putin pardoned himself forever. Russian president seem more stronger than American president.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: The Brain on December 23, 2020, 05:20:56 AM
Putin pardoned himself forever. Russian president seem more stronger than American president.

And yet he is still stuck in Russia, so massive fail.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Lots of Russians sacrifice their happiness so that their children can live a better life outside of Russia. That applies to oligarchs just as much as it applies to immigrants.

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 23, 2020, 11:43:05 AM

Maybe he'll get to see his best buddy when the guy makes an extend visit within the next couple of years?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 23, 2020, 11:43:05 AM

To be fair(?), Putin's hold on power fits perfectly that anecdote from Jefferson about holding a wolf (perhaps bear in this case) by the ears.

alfred russel

Apart from cold winters, Russia isn't so bad if you've got a lot of money. Positions of power and influence are just less stable than in other countries.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Quote from: alfred russel on December 23, 2020, 02:55:16 PM
Apart from cold winters, Russia isn't so bad if you've got a lot of money. Positions of power and influence are just less stable than in other countries.

Indoor temperatures of +30°C in winter. :w00t:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Sochi doesn't get that cold either. Kinda like Vancouver.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

So the soldiers of SPACE FORCE will be called "Guardians"

I've seen some commenters say that "heritage" and "culture" would be dog whistles for white supremacists. What's Languish's take on that? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Maybe - I'm not sure. It feels more likely they're just words from the Space Force Values Away Day :lol:

They do seem odd choices for a wing of the armed forces that's existed for a couple of days and is sort of at the cutting edge of science and technology.

Edit:

"Am I supply-side economics?"
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

Yeah, I have no idea what it is supposed to mean.

Syt

Btw, if the name "Guardians" is based on Guardians of the Galaxy and reflects their self image, then the IRL Space Force might be closer to the Netflix show than we thought. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on December 23, 2020, 04:20:31 PM
I've seen some commenters say that "heritage" and "culture" would be dog whistles for white supremacists. What's Languish's take on that? :unsure:

In this context, that is frankly nonsense.  The USSF is a child (more of a Kuato, really) of the USAF, and we throw around "heritage" all the time as the equivalent of a meaningless corporate buzzword, typically to justify something we do that is silly/banal, or to return to doing something silly/banal that we had stopped doing some time ago.