And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Habbaku on December 21, 2020, 11:44:50 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on December 21, 2020, 11:37:27 AM
I thought Pence was doing a foreign trip that week so he doesn't have to preside over the count?

No, he's apparently leaving for that right after.

It'd be really weird for the guy who is specifically designated to count the votes (the President of the Senate) weren't there to do his job. By all indications, Pence will fulfill his duty, then get out of Dodge.

That must have been really fun for Al Gore.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Solmyr on December 21, 2020, 01:50:53 PM
Anyway, a lot of Trump crazies are planning to travel to DC on January 6th and bring guns for their protest, so it might get exciting.

Well guns are the defining part of their identities.  BLM Antifa fascists might attack them if they didn't bring defenses.
PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on December 21, 2020, 12:02:34 PM
Not sure what the right thread is, but this one seems appropriate enough: https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/21/europe/russia-navalny-poisoning-underpants-ward/index.html.  Apparently phone pranks work even on FSB assassins.

Mr. Kudryavtsev was just pre-declined by every insurance company on the planet.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

I thought Pence was doing a foreign trip that week so he doesn't have to preside over the count?

It'd be really weird for the guy who is specifically designated to count the votes (the President of the Senate) weren't there to do his job. By all indications, Pence will fulfill his duty, then get out of Dodge.
Who did it in those years when there was no Vice President?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 21, 2020, 09:16:51 PM

Who did it in those years when there was no Vice President?

When the Vice President is absent the President pro tempore acts in his staid.  That would be Chuck Grassley in the current senate.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

FunkMonk

From Axios: https://www.axios.com/trump-white-house-conspiracy-theories-d95450a4-c7a3-4579-a568-0473b18529c9.html

QuotePresident Trump, in his final days, is turning bitterly on virtually every person around him, griping about anyone who refuses to indulge conspiracy theories or hopeless bids to overturn the election, several top officials tell Axios.

The latest: Targets of his outrage include Vice President Pence, chief of staff Mark Meadows, White House counsel Pat Cipollone, Secretary of State Pompeo and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Why it matters: Trump thinks everyone around him is weak, stupid or disloyal — and increasingly seeks comfort only in people who egg him on to overturn the election results. We cannot stress enough how unnerved Trump officials are by the conversations unfolding inside the White House.

Top officials are trying to stay away from the West Wing right now.

Trump is lashing out, and everyone is in the blast zone: At this point, if you're not in the "use the Department of Homeland Security or the military to impound voting machines" camp, the president considers you weak and beneath contempt.
Trump is fed up with Cipollone, his counsel. Some supporters of Cipollone are worried that Trump is on the brink of removing him and replacing him with a fringe loyalist.
A source who spoke to Trump said the president was complaining about Pence and brought up a Lincoln Project ad that claims that Pence is "backing away" from Trump. This ad has clearly got inside Trump's head, the source said.

Trump views Pence as not fighting hard enough for him — the same complaint he uses against virtually everybody who works for him and has been loyal to him.
Pence's role on Jan. 6 has begun to loom large in Trump's mind, according to people who've discussed the matter with him.

Trump would view Pence performing his constitutional duty — and validating the election result — as the ultimate betrayal.
A new fixation: Trump has even been asking advisers whether they can get state legislatures to rescind their electoral votes. When he's told no, he lashes out even more, said a source who discussed the matter with the president.

And in an Oval meeting Monday night, Trump spoke with House Republicans about voting to overturn the result on Jan. 6 — a desperate vote that even Trump has privately acknowledged he's bound to lose.
The person who has the worst job in Washington, according to multiple administration officials: the incoming head of the Justice Department, Jeffrey Rosen.

The consensus is he has no earthly idea the insanity he is in for.
The next month will be the longest of his life

Another reflection of Trump's state of mind:

As Axios reported Monday night, the president got his personal assistant to email Republican lawmakers a PowerPoint slide (above) attacking McConnell for being "the first one off the ship," and absurdly claiming credit for the Senate majority leader's victory in his Kentucky re-election.
That's quite a message to send two weeks out from crucial runoff races in Georgia, where Republicans need to stay unified.
Where's Jared? A source told Axios that Kushner, who yesterday participated in a tree-planting ceremony in Jerusalem Forest's Grove of Nations, "is focused on the Middle East."

It's a perfect visual encapsulation of Kushner's absence — on the other side of the world, planting a tree with Bibi and accepting plaudits, while Trump discusses mayhem with Sidney Powell.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Caliga

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 22, 2020, 11:26:14 AM
As Axios reported Monday night, the president got his personal assistant to email Republican lawmakers a PowerPoint slide (above) attacking McConnell for being "the first one off the ship," and absurdly claiming credit for the Senate majority leader's victory in his Kentucky re-election.
Although it's probably a total waste of time to even guess what facts might be behind this assertion, Trump did get more votes than McConnell in the election, but that's probably only because a lot of drooling idiots just voted for President and left the rest of the ballot blank, which I imagine happens in every election in every state. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I can't wait for that asshole to leave.  I'll be happy when I don't read daily news stories indicating that the President is insane.  I mean, insanity if fine for me, I wear it well, but the way Trump does it is terribly gauche.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

This feels like it was inevitable :lol:
QuoteHugo Lowell
@hugolowell
Biden transition says Trump admin has refused to transfer the @POTUS and @WhiteHouse Twitter accounts with followers and that Biden must start from zero — reversing goodwill gesture from Obama admin in 2016.
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Can't Twitter just forcibly reassign it? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on December 22, 2020, 02:33:26 PM
Can't Twitter just forcibly reassign it? :hmm:

I could swear that Twitter said it would do exactly that.

Besides Trump mainly uses @readlDonaldTrump anyways (if Twitter doesn't ban him once he leaves office  :ph34r:)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Is what happens on January 6 final final, or is there something else that can come after that could nullify the election results?  I'm kind of hoping that there is one more ceremonial approval process on January 19, so that Trump can channel his focus there rather than on how to best scorch the earth behind him.

Sheilbh

Quote from: DGuller on December 22, 2020, 06:55:11 PM
Is what happens on January 6 final final, or is there something else that can come after that could nullify the election results?  I'm kind of hoping that there is one more ceremonial approval process on January 19, so that Trump can channel his focus there rather than on how to best scorch the earth behind him.
Maybe do it like Eurovision or the Democratic Convention when they had people from all the states with local Zoom backgrounds announcing who they were giving points to.
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 22, 2020, 07:03:24 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 22, 2020, 06:55:11 PM
Maybe do it like Eurovision or the Democratic Convention when they had people from all the states with local Zoom backgrounds announcing who they were giving points to.

That was the electoral college vote.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

And so Trump pardons another batch of war criminals for what I'm sure is a great reason that's not racist at all.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien