What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on November 09, 2020, 08:46:35 AM
Odds on there being a serious assassination attempt on Biden before January?
Well I'm not saying Trump would call for that.  He's not THAT stupid... he's more like a mob boss, he knows to not directly ask people to do illegal stuff.  I think the worst he might do is a 'meddlesome priest' routine.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on November 09, 2020, 08:54:41 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 09, 2020, 08:46:35 AM
Odds on there being a serious assassination attempt on Biden before January?
Well I'm not saying Trump would call for that.  He's not THAT stupid... he's more like a mob boss, he knows to not directly ask people to do illegal stuff.  I think the worst he might do is a 'meddlesome priest' routine.

Which wouldn't help him. Kamala would just become president.

The problem for Trump is that there just isn't a way to overcome getting less votes in critical states. Lawyers and judges can't fix this problem for him.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

Right, but he's living in a fantasy world where he can lie and cheat like he's always done in business, and it'll work out somehow for him.

celedhring

Also, do Biden/Harris now have protection from the SS*, or only when they officially become VP/Prez-elect in December?

*Not the best initials for a government armed service

Caliga

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on November 09, 2020, 08:58:29 AM
Also, do Biden/Harris now have protection from the SS*, or only when they officially become VP/Prez-elect in December?
I think it happened on Wednesday - plus the no-fly zone over them.

Agreed :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

That's why they call themselves the USSS.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 09, 2020, 09:14:52 AM
Quote from: celedhring on November 09, 2020, 08:58:29 AM
I think it happened on Wednesday - plus the no-fly zone over them.

Agreed :ph34r:

They typically get it earlier as candidates and then amps up. Saw Obama had it in 2007 due to assessment of threat.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Yeah, it's been a thing to give them protection ever since RFK's assassination.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Maladict on November 09, 2020, 05:31:04 AM
QuotePresident Trump is planning to bring back his large-scale rallies that were a hallmark of his presidential run, but these will be focused on his "ongoing litigation" as he challenges the results of last week's election.

According a report by Axios and confirmed by Fox News, Trumps' campaign plans to take less traditional path to challenging the results of the election, including holding "a series of Trump rallies" focused on the campaigns ongoing legal efforts in numerous states across the country.

:bleeding:

EVERYONE JOIN MY RALLY TOMORROW IN SUPPORT OF MY MOTION TO AMEND THE PRETIRAL SCHEDULING ORDER
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

I'm a litigator and even I think America has enough litigation.  We don't to have rallies for more.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

He's going to hold rallies after he's President.  The fig leaf of politics is gone.  It's now just "Come and worship me".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Projection what the rallies will look like:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.