What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 08, 2020, 07:05:10 PM
Rudy Giuliani isn't one of the bosses, just a lawyer and media presence.

But he represents Trump.  His actions have consequences. 

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2020, 02:48:25 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on November 07, 2020, 02:46:36 AM
So it's WAD that the President cannot get anything done if his party doesn't control everything?

IIRC the system is not built around the idea of parties. The system expects sensible politicians to make sensible compromises.
Despite FPTP.
America really needs change.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 08, 2020, 10:22:36 AM

I read that the GOP has gained control of several state legislatures and governorships, so redistricting is gonna hurt the Dems in House and local elections in 2022.

They got a governorship and a state legislature, picked up a bunch of seats in the house (the democrats will barely have a majority). The Senate is still out--but assuming the two georgia seats go to the republicans, they will be in the minority 48-52 (though they did gain a senate seat).

It would be a harsh verdict, but isn't totally unfair, to say that the democrats won the white house and lost everything else.

That all could significantly change with the georgia runoffs, however. If they win both they get the Senate.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

I think the biggest reason Trump will not concede is that it would take some work.  Trump will take the path of least effort for him with no regard to consequences.

Razgovory

It's not that much work.  He just needs to call Biden up and say "congratulations'  He won't do it because he's a prick.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

QuotePresident Trump is planning to bring back his large-scale rallies that were a hallmark of his presidential run, but these will be focused on his "ongoing litigation" as he challenges the results of last week's election.

According a report by Axios and confirmed by Fox News, Trumps' campaign plans to take less traditional path to challenging the results of the election, including holding "a series of Trump rallies" focused on the campaigns ongoing legal efforts in numerous states across the country.

:bleeding:

The Brain

What locations will they use? Crack houses? City dumps?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

Landscaping companies are going to make a killing.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on November 09, 2020, 05:31:04 AM
QuotePresident Trump is planning to bring back his large-scale rallies that were a hallmark of his presidential run, but these will be focused on his "ongoing litigation" as he challenges the results of last week's election.

According a report by Axios and confirmed by Fox News, Trumps' campaign plans to take less traditional path to challenging the results of the election, including holding "a series of Trump rallies" focused on the campaigns ongoing legal efforts in numerous states across the country.

:bleeding:

Well time spent at rallies at least gives him a distraction.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

His rallies are basically therapy sessions for him, anyways.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Even Leni Riefenstahl couldn't make his rallies look good.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

:frusty:

I look forward to his calls for violence at these rallies, violence occurring, and then him insisting it wasn't his fault.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Odds on there being a serious assassination attempt on Biden before January?
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on November 09, 2020, 08:46:35 AM
Odds on there being a serious assassination attempt on Biden before January?

They'd need to off Kamala Harris, too.

What would happen, then, out of curiosity? Can the Dem electors vote whomever? Goes to the house? Pelosi Madam President?

Maladict