News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

I have no idea where this ACW hijack is coming from.

crazy canuck

When Languish finally does it will be the subject of the last post.

viper37

About Republican moderates.
I'll only translate the relevant part of the text, use Google translate if you want the rest.
https://www.lapresse.ca/international/etats-unis/2020-06-13/la-presse-en-georgie-le-poison-du-racisme
La Presse in Georgia: the poison of racism

At noon, Ashley Paulk, 3rd of the name, comes eating in the shadow of an historical park great trees.  The engineer ends a meal from Chick-fil-A.

"Racism, it's a poison, and it dilutes slowly, from each generation", he says.

It flows into a stream, a river, in the Satilla river who enters very slowly into the ocean...
"It's still there, even if more diluted.  My grand father was clearly racist.  He still used the N-word.  He lived the 20s, 30s, there were people born as slaves, it was still segregation.  It was the time of lynchings.  My dad wasn't like that, but he had prejudices.  In my school, it was 50-50 Whites&Blacks.  And, yes, I am a priviledged White.  Of course I believe in this, the white priviledge.  My dad was a business man, he bought me care, he sent us to college.  What are your chances if you're an Afro-American?  Yes, some have the means, but they are in minority.  That's the White priviledge.  And the racism in the system, it's there, everywhere.

"This monument, why do you think they built it?  It's a warning to Blacks.  To Northerners.  This is how things are done here, this is the message.  And in Augusta, it's the northern face of the monument who talks of a a "white country".  Why do you think? My university's hall, Clemson, honors a white supremacist.  I agree: we must remove all that.  It's the minimum.  But we haven't solved anything once we've done that.

He explains he is Christian and all his philosophy is impregnated from the idea that we are all imperfect, sinners.  He's a member of a private school board that recruits 90% of afro-american students, with grants, etc.
Trump?  He is, according to him, an hypocrit who says horrible things.  "When I saw him with the Bible in front of the Washington church, I told myself: "What an idiot!"

But.. he believes in a system with low taxes.  He is against the right to abortion.

"Whom will you vote for?"

- I don't have any choice: I will vote for him"
Religion and politics.  Great mix.

I still doubt the Democrats are going to make sensible gains in the Congress, let alone win the presidency.  The polls are good now, but the election is 6 months away.  Lots can happen between now and then.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on June 16, 2020, 08:32:32 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 12, 2020, 02:20:03 PM
Your hatred of Trump is weird, because his policies are pretty much the same as the ones you promote.  Nationalism.
He's all for freedom of religion, like you.  You should join his next parade, you'd fit right in. :)

No, he isn't. :mellow:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on June 16, 2020, 09:16:24 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2020, 08:04:40 PM
Just because the Confederates were trying to build and expand a slave society does not mean that all separatists want to do that.
Glad you finally admit being a nationalist is no especially evil.  Raz still seems to think that way though.

Huh?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Sheilbh

So the stories are starting to come out of the Bolton book and they are bad :blink: :bleeding:

I still feel these may have been useful, if less profitable, during the impeachment hearings <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Habbaku

:lol: 

QuoteHe also describes a summer 2019 meeting in New Jersey where Trump says journalists should be jailed so they have to divulge their sources: "These people should be executed. They are scumbags," Trump said, according to Bolton's account.

QuoteTrump said invading Venezuela would be "cool" and that the South American nation was "really part of the United States."
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

My favourite so far:

:lol: :bleeding:

Least favourite - him encouraging Xi to build camps in Xinjiang:
QuoteNEW Bolton book excerpt in WSJ: In June 2019, Xi "explained to Trump why he was basically building concentration camps in Xinjiang. ... Trump said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which Trump thought was exactly the right thing to do."
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

I don't really trust Mustache Man but these are stories are so outlandishly stupid and unbelievable that they just feel true to Donald.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

merithyn

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 17, 2020, 02:12:22 PM
So the stories are starting to come out of the Bolton book and they are bad :blink: :bleeding:

I still feel these may have been useful, if less profitable, during the impeachment hearings <_<

I ordered the book. How could I not?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Brain

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 17, 2020, 03:21:18 PM
I don't really trust Mustache Man

That is always a problem with these insane regimes. Every insider story is a Trumpist talking, so truckloads of salt are a necessity.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2020, 10:41:22 AM
Your hatred of Trump is weird, because his policies are pretty much the same as the ones you promote.  Nationalism.
He's all for freedom of religion, like you.  You should join his next parade, you'd fit right in. :)

Of course he is.  He's fighting the good fights, promoting discrimination based on religious values just like you always defend :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on June 17, 2020, 04:35:44 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2020, 10:41:22 AM

Of course he is.  He's fighting the good fights, promoting discrimination based on religious values just like you always defend :)

So you're just making shit up now?  Or are you really this stupid. :)  I have never promoted discrimination.  Can you say the same?