News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Overall it is great to see how the initiative in the culture war is now with the progressives. I hope it persists. Would be nice to put the past four years behind us.

jimmy olsen

Twitterati say that the pink dress you see on several girls in the intern picture are sold by Ivanka
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 11, 2020, 01:33:41 AM
Twitterati say that the pink dress you see on several girls in the intern picture are sold by Ivanka

That must be a tiny drop of water in the bathtub of corruption.

Zanza

I was at a NASCAR race in Alabama a couple of years ago and we had a US flag with us. Someone found it necessary to approach us and tell us that we folded it the wrong way.  :huh:

The Brain

Quote from: Zanza on June 11, 2020, 02:45:19 AM
I was at a NASCAR race in Alabama a couple of years ago and we had a US flag with us. Someone found it necessary to approach us and tell us that we folded it the wrong way.  :huh:

"More tongue!". Trump fans have strong views on how you should approach the flag.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

The Brain

Isn't NASCAR like in crisis or something? Losing spectators, trying weird stuff racewise to keep attention etc?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Well you don't fold it like a towel.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Zanza

Quote from: Maladict on June 11, 2020, 03:27:36 AM
a NASCAR race in Alabama

Sounds like an interesting experience  :D
The race itself is incredibly boring as the cars drive way too fast and 180 rounds or whatever is just tedious. The show before the race was spectacularly American though: flyover with red-white-blue smoke, a guy parachuting in with a gigantic US flag, a preacher blessing the race and the crowd singing the anthem. Add in hotdogs and other assorted junk food as well as lots of rednecks and it was a really fun event. Like good Americans, we left before it was over to avoid the traffic afterwards.  ;)

Zanza

Quote from: 11B4V on June 11, 2020, 03:45:51 AM

Yes, we did. Exercising our first amendment rights to fold the flag in any way we like. That said, we did not mean any disrespect, we just did not know better.

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on June 11, 2020, 04:15:36 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 11, 2020, 03:45:51 AM

Yes, we did. Exercising our first amendment rights to fold the flag in any way we like. That said, we did not mean any disrespect, we just did not know better.

The proper way to dispose of a flag is to burn it. Try that next time  :P

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on June 11, 2020, 03:28:44 AM
Isn't NASCAR like in crisis or something? Losing spectators, trying weird stuff racewise to keep attention etc?
Yes, more or less.  The sport has been crippled by a series of bad decisions, which can happen when you have a North Korean leadership structure with North Korean third-generation leadership.  I've haven't been following it for five years now, it's just completely devoid of anything interesting to follow.

Sheilbh

The President, demonstrating why the Secret Service typically refer to themselves as the "United States Secret Service":
QuoteOur great National Guard Troops who took care of the area around the White House could hardly believe how easy it was. "A walk in the park", one said. The protesters, agitators, anarchists (ANTIFA), and others, were handled VERY easily by the Guard, D.C. Police, & S.S. GREAT JOB!
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

They're just completely ignoring Donald  :lol:

Quote(CNN)The Republican-led Senate Armed Services Committee adopted an amendment behind closed doors for the Pentagon to remove the names of Confederate generals from military assets within three years, according to a source familiar with the proceedings, just as President Donald Trump vowed to fight any such effort.

The amendment was offered by Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, defining assets as property owned or controlled by the Pentagon, whether it's a base, installation, facility, aircraft, ship, plane or type of equipment. The amendment would create an independent commission to review and develop a detailed plan for removing the names.

The move came as Trump rejected calls to remove the name of Confederate generals from military bases, citing American heritage, and the White House threatened to veto any bill that did such that.

The amendment was added to the annual defense authorization bill, and it could still be stripped out as it makes its way through the legislative process. If Trump were to veto such a bill, it would be a big risk given the popular defense measure sets policy for the Pentagon.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/politics/senate-confederate-leaders-names-from-military-assets/
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 11, 2020, 09:47:30 AM
The President, demonstrating why the Secret Service typically refer to themselves as the "United States Secret Service":
QuoteOur great National Guard Troops who took care of the area around the White House could hardly believe how easy it was. "A walk in the park", one said. The protesters, agitators, anarchists (ANTIFA), and others, were handled VERY easily by the Guard, D.C. Police, & S.S. GREAT JOB!

:lol: