News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-camp-runs-ads-on-dc-cable-to-ease-boss-anxieties-and-buck-up-congressional-republicans

The Trump campaign is paying $400,000 to run ads in the DC area, an area that Trump stands no chance of winning. But the ads are running on channels Trump watches.

The campaign has become Trump's emotional support animal.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Isn't that what John Oliver did? Running ads on FOX in the DC area to make sure the president got his message? :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Lots of people have.  The article mentions ads run by the NeverTrump ex-Republicans Lincoln Project, which has drawn a few angry tweets from Trump himself.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Ah the Lincoln Project. You should check out their youtube channel sometime if you want to see what they regularly subject the President to.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpYCxV51bykhMY-wSUozQRg
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

Yeah. And that's how pathetic Trump has become: both his supporters and his detractors have realized that they can directly target him by running ads in a very precise location.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Stephen Miller is reportedly writing Donald's speech on race relations.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 09, 2020, 03:08:20 PM
Stephen Miller is reportedly writing Donald's speech on race relations.  :lol:

Please God let this be true.

Maladict

Say Trump's polls go into full meltdown over the next few weeks, trailing 20 points or so behind Biden. Is there anything the Republicans could do to hand the nomination to someone else by the end of August?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Maladict on June 09, 2020, 03:33:59 PM
Say Trump's polls go into full meltdown over the next few weeks, trailing 20 points or so behind Biden. Is there anything the Republicans could do to hand the nomination to someone else by the end of August?

Short of persuading the Donald to refuse the nomiination, I think it's impossible.

The Larch

Official picture of Trump's White House interns.

Syt

Slightly different from when Obama was president.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

I don't know, for some reason each put a tall geeky white guy in the middle front row.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...