Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Quote from: Valmy on June 04, 2020, 11:14:52 AM
Quote from: Oexmelin on June 04, 2020, 11:10:58 AM
4500 National Guard in DC now.

I guess I never though of DC having a national guard, but they obviously do. Since there is no governor who commands them?

Donald J. Trump, the President of the United States.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Barrister

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 04, 2020, 11:21:42 AM

I guess I never though of DC having a national guard, but they obviously do. Since there is no governor who commands them?

Which is why you see all these pics of DC being ridiculously militarized in the streets - because it's the one jurisdiction in America under Trump's direct control.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on June 04, 2020, 11:23:27 AM

Which is why you see all these pics of DC being ridiculously militarized in the streets - because it's the one jurisdiction in America under Trump's direct control.

I'm surprised Trump haven't revived the Nixon-era White House Guard uniforms - those were awesome. 😄

https://www.whitehousehistory.org/the-press-was-not-impressed
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Solmyr

Quote from: Malthus on June 04, 2020, 11:42:24 AM

I'm surprised Trump haven't revived the Nixon-era White House Guard uniforms - those were awesome. 😄

Trump's uniforms would have way more gold bling.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on June 04, 2020, 11:43:57 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 04, 2020, 11:42:24 AM

It is I think episode 4 of Spaceforce where you can see what it would look like.

crazy canuck

Among other things, Trump repeats the lie that he gave Mattis the nickname Mad Dog.

"His nickname was 'Chaos', which I didn't like, & changed it to 'Mad Dog."

Trump has an odd psychological compulsion to have ownership over nicknames.

Syt

A guy on Twitter was going around photographing the various security forced deployed and asking them what unit they were. He said one of the units was Utah National Guard, so they might be importing some.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Yeah I saw that so far Utah, Ohio, South Carolina, Indiana, New Jersey, Maryland and Tennessee have sent or are sending the national guard to DC as requested. Virginia, New York, Pennsylvania and Delaware have refused.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Yeah it's really dumb. The protests here are pretty peaceful, if intense (it's DC), and I'm sure the National Guard troops would rather be home than wasting their nights as Donald's toy soldiers.

I'd much rather have the Guard here than some of these executive branch police forces, though. Bureau of Prisons? Wtf?

Going to a (small) protest today near a local church. I am going to try to social distance as much as possible though.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 04, 2020, 12:56:25 PM
Yeah it's really dumb. The protests here are pretty peaceful, if intense (it's DC), and I'm sure the National Guard troops would rather be home than wasting their nights as Donald's toy soldiers.

I'd much rather have the Guard here than some of these executive branch police forces, though. Bureau of Prisons? Wtf?

Going to a (small) protest today near a local church. I am going to try to social distance as much as possible though.

Good luck and stay safe!
I would like to attend one of the protests in either DC or at least in the suburbs. It's difficult because of family though.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

crazy canuck

You are a good man FunkMonk. Stay safe.  :)

Malthus

Let's hope Trump doesn't feel the need to kick the lot of you out so he can randomly wave his Bible around in your local church!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Solmyr on June 04, 2020, 11:43:57 AM

I'm thinking some big ropes of gold braid on the hats and maybe some gold stars ... oh and a bunch of meaningless medals, with Trump faces on them.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Oexmelin

Current Trump fundraising email.

"You have been identified as one of President Trump's most loyal defenders and according to your donor file, you'd make an excellent addition to the Trump Army."

"The Trump Army is made up of the President's fiercest defenders who are willing to go to battle with the Left-wing MOB whenever they come after us".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXRHOBCX0AIGT7H?format=jpg&name=large
Que le grand cric me croque !