What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Isn't blocking legislative business a crime in the US?

Carrying weapons, even...

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on May 16, 2020, 04:19:45 AM
Isn't blocking legislative business a crime in the US?

Carrying weapons, even...

I guess this is what happens when the federal government isn't a protection against armed fascist groups, but a cheerleader for them.

crazy canuck

Combined with a society that distrusts government at the best of times.

Zoupa

So huh, the legislature is afraid of a terror group? Why is the police not intervening? How is this not a failed state?

merithyn

Quote from: Zoupa on May 16, 2020, 01:14:08 PM
So huh, the legislature is afraid of a terror group? Why is the police not intervening? How is this not a failed state?

All important questions. :) For which we have no answers.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

The nightmare scenario of Trump losing the re-election but refusing to concede and encourage his to armed resistance is becoming more plausible by the day.  Look up Boogaloo boys and you'll know what I mean.  The only solace is knowing that these militia psychos are mostly too fat and too old to do more than engage in military cosplay.  But a diabetic 40 year old can still build a bomb and blow up something.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

What terror group are you referring to?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on May 16, 2020, 03:46:59 PM

The multiple Militia cosplays associations that showed up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Trouble is they haven't broken any law.  They just showed up with their semi-automatic weapons, just as the law allows.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

It's nuts that it's legal, but that hardly makes them terrorists.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 16, 2020, 07:00:36 PM
At the very least it makes them terrorizers.

Razgovory

3 percenters have bombed a mosque in Minnesota and attempted to blow a federal building in Oklahoma city (stick to what you know I suppose).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 16, 2020, 06:24:43 PM
Quote from: grumbler on May 16, 2020, 03:46:59 PM

The multiple Militia cosplays associations that showed up.

If they terrify Zoups, he's easily terrified.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Yeah.  The law is nuts to give them the power to intimidate, but intimidation isn't terrorism, except to the pathologically easy to terrorize.

Bayraktar!