And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on March 26, 2020, 10:08:05 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 26, 2020, 11:16:23 AM
Trumpism can literally turn into a death cult.

We're kind of already seeing this, aren't we? Fox is saying the pandemic isn't real. Trump is saying it's not that bad. Anyone who listens to him or his propaganda channel are far more likely to get this virus, which makes them more likely to die from it. The red states aren't even locking down, so there will be minimal flattening so a lot of people will die of the virus as well as a lot of other problems that might otherwise be treated.

I mean, this is exactly what a death cult looks like.

:yes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on March 26, 2020, 10:08:05 PM
We're kind of already seeing this, aren't we? Fox is saying the pandemic isn't real. Trump is saying it's not that bad. Anyone who listens to him or his propaganda channel are far more likely to get this virus, which makes them more likely to die from it. The red states aren't even locking down
We're locked down here. :)

It probably helps that we elected a Democrat governor last fall, booting that piece of shit Matt Bevin (who would no doubt be saying the virus is 'FAKE NEWS' right about now were he still occupying the governor's seat with his dumb ass) out of office.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Major malfunction identified

QuoteThis denial of science and critical thinking among religious ultraconservatives now haunts the American response to the coronavirus crisis. On March 15, Guillermo Maldonado, who calls himself an "apostle" and hosted Mr. Trump earlier this year at a campaign event at his Miami megachurch, urged his congregants to show up for worship services in person. "Do you believe God would bring his people to his house to be contagious with the virus? Of course not," he said.

Rodney Howard-Browne of The River at Tampa Bay Church in Florida mocked people concerned about the disease as "pansies" and insisted he would only shutter the doors to his packed church "when the rapture is taking place." In a sermon that was live-streamed on Facebook, Tony Spell, a pastor in Louisiana, said, "We're also going to pass out anointed handkerchiefs to people who may have a fear, who may have a sickness and we believe that when those anointed handkerchiefs go, that healing virtue is going to go on them as well."

QuoteReligious nationalism has brought to American politics the conviction that our political differences are a battle between absolute evil and absolute good. When you're engaged in a struggle between the "party of life" and the "party of death," as some religious nationalists now frame our political divisions, you don't need to worry about crafting careful policy based on expert opinion and analysis. Only a heroic leader, free from the scruples of political correctness, can save the righteous from the damned. Fealty to the cause is everything; fidelity to the facts means nothing. Perhaps this is why many Christian nationalist leaders greeted the news of the coronavirus as an insult to their chosen leader

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/opinion/coronavirus-trump-evangelicals.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

Maladict

edit: wrong thread

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on March 27, 2020, 09:17:50 AM
Latest numbers (not cumulative).

:(

Damn, that's not looking good for you or us, because England very similar to the Netherlands in some respects, but four times the population.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on March 27, 2020, 09:30:46 AM
Quote from: Maladict on March 27, 2020, 09:17:50 AM
Latest numbers (not cumulative).

:(

Damn, that's not looking good for you or us, because England very similar to the Netherlands in some respects, but four times the population.

And we seem to have to same 'light' response measures, as opposed to most European countries. We'll see if it was a wise call, I honestly don't know.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 27, 2020, 08:32:12 AM
Major malfunction identified

QuoteThis denial of science and critical thinking among religious ultraconservatives now haunts the American response to the coronavirus crisis. On March 15, Guillermo Maldonado, who calls himself an "apostle" and hosted Mr. Trump earlier this year at a campaign event at his Miami megachurch, urged his congregants to show up for worship services in person. "Do you believe God would bring his people to his house to be contagious with the virus? Of course not," he said.

Rodney Howard-Browne of The River at Tampa Bay Church in Florida mocked people concerned about the disease as "pansies" and insisted he would only shutter the doors to his packed church "when the rapture is taking place." In a sermon that was live-streamed on Facebook, Tony Spell, a pastor in Louisiana, said, "We're also going to pass out anointed handkerchiefs to people who may have a fear, who may have a sickness and we believe that when those anointed handkerchiefs go, that healing virtue is going to go on them as well."

QuoteReligious nationalism has brought to American politics the conviction that our political differences are a battle between absolute evil and absolute good. When you're engaged in a struggle between the "party of life" and the "party of death," as some religious nationalists now frame our political divisions, you don't need to worry about crafting careful policy based on expert opinion and analysis. Only a heroic leader, free from the scruples of political correctness, can save the righteous from the damned. Fealty to the cause is everything; fidelity to the facts means nothing. Perhaps this is why many Christian nationalist leaders greeted the news of the coronavirus as an insult to their chosen leader

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/opinion/coronavirus-trump-evangelicals.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

religion is a net positive for society :)

Well, so long as the border remain closed to travellers, I'm ok with it.  I wonder if the US army will prevent illegals from crossing into Canada?  Nah, probably not.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

It's so sad when nationalists can't agree. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

Zanza

January 22: "We have it totally under control. It's one person coming in from China. It's going to be just fine."

February 2: "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."

February 24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA... Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

February 25: "CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus."

February 25: "I think that's a problem that's going to go away... They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we're very close to a vaccine."

February 26: "The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero."

February 26: "We're going very substantially down, not up."

February 27: "One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear."

February 28: "We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical."

February 28: "Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that, right? Coronavirus, they're politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, 'How's President Trump doing?' They go, 'Oh, not good, not good.' They have no clue. They don't have any clue. They can't even count their votes in Iowa." "They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They'd been doing it since you got in. It's all turning. They lost. It's all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax."

March 2: "You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?"

March 2: "A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they're happening very rapidly."

March 4: "If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better."

March 5: "I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work."

March 5: "The United States... has, as of now, only 129 cases... and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!"

March 6: "I think we're doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down... a tremendous job at keeping it down."

March 6: "Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They're there. And the tests are beautiful.... the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good."

March 6: "I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it... Every one of these doctors said, 'How do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."

March 6: "I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault."

March 8: "We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus."

March 9: "This blindsided the world."

Edit: March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant."

March 10: "It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

March 13: "I don't take responsibility at all!"

March 16: "I give myself a 10 out of 10"

garbon

And in the meanwhile so many will die. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Got a postcard in the mail with advice on limiting spread, washing hands, distance, etc.

On the front in big font

PRESIDENT TRUMPS'S CORONAVIRUS GUIDELINES FOR AMERICA

The man literally has to pee on every hydrant in the world.

HisMajestyBOB

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/03/27/trump-coronavirus-inspector-general/

Trump and his cronies are going to loot the stimulus bill and the Supreme Court will rule that Congress's only remedy is impeachment.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Oexmelin

Seriously. Now you have governors trying to decide how exactly they should flatter the man in order to get vital supplies and federal help. And this man's approval is still 49%? And the GOP is still complicit with this abuse, this gross corruption of the republic?

What a fucked up country.
Que le grand cric me croque !

DGuller

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 28, 2020, 10:08:36 AM
Seriously. Now you have governors trying to decide how exactly they should flatter the man in order to get vital supplies and federal help. And this man's approval is still 49%? And the GOP is still complicit with this abuse, this gross corruption of the republic?

What a fucked up country.
It's a death cult.  If people in death cults can be convinced to commit mass suicide, they can definitely be convinced to follow Trump.  I don't think any country is immune to it, US just happens to be the one going through it right now.