And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on November 01, 2018, 01:36:09 PM
What is an ethnic Lutheran?

Dunno.  I suppose a Lutheran is an "ethnic Lutheran" exactly as Ivanka Trump is an "ethnic Jew" in order to be a Jewish-American.  I have never really worked out all the lines you guys draw around your race and nation and ethnicity myths.  Why can't Lutherans just be Lutheran and Jews be Jewish, without hyphenation of any kind?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on November 01, 2018, 08:08:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 01, 2018, 01:36:09 PM
What is an ethnic Lutheran?

Dunno.  I suppose a Lutheran is an "ethnic Lutheran" exactly as Ivanka Trump is an "ethnic Jew" in order to be a Jewish-American.  I have never really worked out all the lines you guys draw around your race and nation and ethnicity myths.  Why can't Lutherans just be Lutheran and Jews be Jewish, without hyphenation of any kind?
People tend to cluster in ways that reflect things they share in common.  Sometimes these clusters are defined by multiple characteristics, and the labels of such clusters may at best reflect only their predominant characteristic.  It would personally please me greatly if such clusters and the lines around them could be expressed in an aesthetically clean and simple algorithmic way, such as solely by religion, ethnicity, or place of origin, but alas centuries of history tend to move reality out of those crisp neat delineations.

jimmy olsen

I know it's New York, but upstate has millions of people in it.  That's a crazy stat

https://twitter.com/evansiegfried/status/1058054890973548545
QuoteIn New York State between April and November 1, 158,219 New Yorkers registered as Democrats, but just 1,425 people registered as Republicans
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 01, 2018, 08:56:23 PM
I know it's New York, but upstate has millions of people in it.  That's a crazy stat

QuoteIn New York State between April and November 1, 158,219 New Yorkers registered as Democrats, but just 1,425 people registered as Republicans

Illegals no doubt
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Solmyr

Quote from: 11B4V on November 02, 2018, 01:24:38 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 01, 2018, 08:56:23 PM

Illegals no doubt

I don't think illegals usually register as Republicans.

The Brain

Where is the caravan now? Is Soros playing electric guitar on one of the vehicles?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on November 01, 2018, 08:35:59 PM
People tend to cluster in ways that reflect things they share in common.  Sometimes these clusters are defined by multiple characteristics, and the labels of such clusters may at best reflect only their predominant characteristic.  It would personally please me greatly if such clusters and the lines around them could be expressed in an aesthetically clean and simple algorithmic way, such as solely by religion, ethnicity, or place of origin, but alas centuries of history tend to move reality out of those crisp neat delineations.

Thanks for sharing the viewpoint of the Gibberish-Americans. :thumbsup:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

It probably sounded clever in your head.

jimmy olsen

Trump is an inspiration  :( :mad:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-6345927/Nigerian-army-posts-Trump-video-justify-shooting-Shiites.html

QuoteNigeria's army posted the video of Trump saying U.S. troops would shoot migrants if they threw stones, citing it to defend their unlawful use of automatic weapons to slaughter of 49 peaceful Shiite protesters.https://www.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Lol  :lol:

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/1058431024265355265
Quote from: David FahrentholdThe judge in the emoluments clause case cited this tweet from @realDonaldTrump to reject Trump's argument that any lawsuit would impose undue burdens on the presidency.
In this tweet, Trump actually invited a lawsuit from one of his enemies! He's got time, it seems.

Quote from: Donald J. TrumpI hope John Brennan, the worst CIA Director in our country's history, brings a lawsuit. It will then be very easy to get all of his records, texts, emails and documents to show not only the poor job he did, but how he was involved with the Mueller Rigged Witch Hunt. He won't sue!

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Jr. Using neo-nazi rhetoric. That's some white genocide bullshit he's peddling. And the sentence he uses 88 in has 14 words.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mollycrabapple/status/1058797171775062018

1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

OK, I know the significance of "88" but I'm not convinced that was intentional.  What's the significance of "14"?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on November 03, 2018, 07:05:14 PM
OK, I know the significance of "88" but I'm not convinced that was intentional.  What's the significance of "14"?

The explicit words he is using are neonazi rhetoric in and of themselves. Saying repopulate is straight up white genocide talk.

14 represents the fourteen words.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 03, 2018, 07:08:43 PM
Quote from: dps on November 03, 2018, 07:05:14 PM

The explicit words he is using are neonazi rhetoric in and of themselves. Saying repopulate is straight up white genocide talk.

14 represents the fourteen words.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

I'd say that you were doing an excellent parody of the paranoid left, but I don't think you realize at all how much of a parody you are. 

Junior is stupid and his ideas are dumb, but the fact is that Maine has a demographic problem and immigrants are probably the only solution.  Junior is exaggerating things to an absurd degree, but "straight up white genocide talk" is an even worse exaggeration.

I won't even dignify cultish word counting with a response.

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: grumbler on November 03, 2018, 08:16:08 PM

I won't even dignify cultish word counting with a response.

I will.  I bet every regular poster here has posted sentences with 14 words in them.