What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Brain on September 26, 2018, 01:45:55 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2018, 11:40:54 AM
Avenatti (Stormy Daniels lawyer with his own 2020 ambitions) comes out with a new Kavanaugh accuser, Julie Swetnick.  Says she observed Kavanaugh get drunk and sexually harass women on numerous occasions.  Swetnick says she was raped on one occasion when Kavanaugh was "present".

They had a fucking roll call?

:lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Trump says of Avenantii:

QuoteHe is just looking for attention and doesn't want people to look at his past record and relationships – a total low-life!"

:hmm:

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 26, 2018, 03:38:55 PM
Trump says of Avenantii:

QuoteHe is just looking for attention and doesn't want people to look at his past record and relationships – a total low-life!"

I wonder how it feels to go through life with utterly no sense of shame.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Camerus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 26, 2018, 12:46:16 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2018, 12:38:57 PM
but they sure make Kavanaugh look like he's not at all being honest about his past.

That's the problem.  The deny everything strategy lacks credibility.

Yeah, I am not sure there will ever be sufficient evidence to make an informed judgement on the issue of whether Kavanaugh assaulted anyone (barring future revelations anyway).

But what does seem reasonably clear is that the man has been lying about his lifestyle in high school and university – testimony of his classmates and even his own yearbook (:lol:) illustrate it.   If he truly is innocent of the assault, it's unfortunate that he felt the need to lie about antics from his youth – but he did take that gamble to try and undermine his accuser and now it's blowing up in his face.

His nomination needs to be withdrawn for the good of the country.  There are simply too many doubts about his integrity and he has become too divisive a figure to be a Supreme Court justice – an oddly sudden turn of events, but there it is.

crazy canuck

On odd bit from Trump's press conference today.  A Fox reporter asked for confirmation that the President turned down a request from Trudeau to meet - they were both a the UN today.  Trump confirmed that occurred and then went on a rant about the trade negotiations.  Thing is Canada says they never requested such a meeting.

Now perhaps they should have requested a meeting so that they could talk to the bestest President ever.  Then they could explain how he could be the even bester President if he agreed to have an agreement at some point in the future, just like the bestest Mexican agreement.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2018, 04:13:20 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 26, 2018, 03:38:55 PM
Trump says of Avenantii:

I wonder how it feels to go through life with utterly no sense of shame.

I thought that, with the UN speech, we had finally reached Peak Trump - that he could never say anything more stupid.

Trump said "hold my beer."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Dissing Avenatti isn't even close to Peak Trump.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 26, 2018, 09:06:17 PM
Dissing Avenatti isn't even close to Peak Trump.

It's not that he dissed Avenatti;  it's the complete lack of self-awareness demonstrated by the way he dissed Avenatti.  Still, I don't think either that nor the lunacy he spouted at the UN quite reach the level of "grab 'em by the pussy". 7777777777777=[-

jimmy olsen

Any one watch that press conference? I hear that it was incoherent even for Trump, but I haven't seen it. What do you guys think?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/09/donald-trumps-press-conference-was-complete-disaster/571438/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

There are so many highlights from that conference, my favorite is the question and answer from "Mr. Kurd":

Trump: Yes, please, Mr. Kurd.
Reporter #2: Thank you very much for your time, Mr. President. Two quick questions. What will be the U.S.A. relations with the Kurds?
Trump: Oh, I thought I just answered that.
Reporter #2: Post-ISIS.
Trump: Okay. We're trying to get along very well. We do get along great with the Kurds. We're trying to help them a lot. Don't forget, that's their territory. We have to help them. I want to help them. Go ahead, what's next? They fought with us. They fought with us. They died with us. They died. We lost tens of thousands of Kurds, died, fighting ISIS. They died for us, and with us. And for themselves. They died for themselves. But they are great people. And we have not forgot, we don't forget, I don't forget.

Great people, the Kurds.   Not like that shady rat bastard George Washington.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Berkut

This is just plain bizarre. The man is not mentally there.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned