News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I'm not sure what point there would be in having a hearing if she doesn't testify. More men claiming that being a victim of an accusation is the real issue today, not sexual assault?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

A normal and measured response would IMHO have been something along the lines of, "I'm not guilty of the accusations brought against me. However, I welcome an investigation into the matter as it will confirm the truth that these events didn't happen."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on September 22, 2018, 03:20:50 AM
A normal and measured response would IMHO have been something along the lines of, "I'm not guilty of the accusations brought against me. However, I welcome an investigation into the matter as it will confirm the truth that these events didn't happen."

But that is always kind of a lie. Who really welcomes an investigation into themselves? :P

Also, once the various Republican groups started spinning there was no hope of any measures responses.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

An investigation gives us her version, Kavanaugh and his buddy's version, the versions of their respective friends.  We already have all that.

crazy canuck

Investigators tend to look at more then the press releases and statements of spokespeople.  They also tend to question those involved and engage in a soft cross examination to make assessments about the evidence.  That might be achieved through a senate hearing but I agree with dps, the senate process is about politics not truth finding.

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 22, 2018, 03:34:29 AM

An investigation gives us her version, Kavanaugh and his buddy's version, the versions of their respective friends.  We already have all that.

We don't know what an investigation might give us - that is why you have investigations.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

I feel really sorry for this woman.  Was she attacked by Kavanaugh?  It's plausible, if I thought it would help, I'd like law enforcement to look into it.  But it won't help.  He can't be convicted of anything and he will be a supreme court justice regardless of what she says.  She already fears for her life and hostile Senators are going to grill her next week.  They'll face harassment for weeks afterword and will never be safe.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

OttoVonBismarck

New allegations have come out from Kavanaugh's Yale years. To be honest refusing to investigate this fully is a potential own goal for the GOP. If you fully investigate and it's basically Anita Hill 2.0 (meaning credible allegations that can't be proven), okay—you can maybe get him approved like Thomas was (or not.) But if you rush this through without looking into the skeletons you have a potentially compromised Supreme Court justice. It's actually much worse for the GOP to get a compromised guy on the bench who then becomes the subject of further congressional or criminal investigations than it is to just pull him and get another conservative on the court.

FunkMonk

This Avennati guy, lawyer for Stormy Daniels and supposedly in the hunt for 2020, said on Twitter he has evidence that Kav and his buddy Judge, along with others in that part of the DC suburbs, ran trains on women at many parties, and then posted his correspondence with Senate Judiciary Committee.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 23, 2018, 09:11:09 PM
This Avennati guy, lawyer for Stormy Daniels and supposedly in the hunt for 2020, said on Twitter he has evidence that Kav and his buddy Judge, along with others in that part of the DC suburbs, rain trains on women at many parties, and then posted his correspondence with Senate Judiciary Committee.

Avennati is a weirdo.  I don't understand exactly how he is able to put himself at the center of all this stuff.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

OttoVonBismarck

Nothing wrong with running trains long as everyone is consenting.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Razgovory on September 23, 2018, 09:14:14 PM
This Avennati guy, lawyer for Stormy Daniels and supposedly in the hunt for 2020, said on Twitter he has evidence that Kav and his buddy Judge, along with others in that part of the DC suburbs, rain trains on women at many parties, and then posted his correspondence with Senate Judiciary Committee.

Avennati is a weirdo.  I don't understand exactly how he is able to put himself at the center of all this stuff.

He's a publicity hound and a lawyer. He'll find his way into the national discourse.  :D

I'm terrified that he will be the Dem nominee in 2020.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on September 23, 2018, 09:14:14 PM

He's a narcissist like Trump, but actually competent at his profession. That doesn't mean he'd be competent at governing.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

OttoVonBismarck

Avenatti is as credible to me as Trump was c. 2015

jimmy olsen

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on September 23, 2018, 10:29:12 PM
Avenatti is as credible to me as Trump was c. 2015

Is that a response to me saying he's competent as a lawyer?

He definitely seems to be better at law than Trump was at real estate. He's won some big cases.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point