News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Jeez Sav, are you short CNN shares?

Cindy Crowley is the designated fluff news reporter.

mongers

On reflection Trump isn't even very good at threats;

In response to Trump's all caps threat to Iran, here's a more skilful reply, obviously still flim-flam and unrealistic, but I like the measured tone of the translation:

An Iranian special forces commander has warned President Donald Trump if the US attacks Iran it "will destroy all that you possess".

Major General Qassem Soleimani vowed that if Mr Trump started a war, the Islamic Republic would end it, Iranian news agency Tasnim reported.

It follows Mr Trump's all-caps-lock tweet warning Iran's president to "never, ever" threaten the US.

Tensions have risen since the US withdrew from the 2015 Iran deal.

Maj Gen Soleimani - who leads the Quds Force of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards - was quoted on Thursday as saying: "As a soldier, it is my duty to respond to your threats.

"Talk to me, not to the president [Hassan Rouhani]. It is not in our president's dignity to respond to you.

"We are near you, where you can't even imagine. Come. We are ready.

"If you begin the war, we will end the war. You know that this war will destroy all that you possess."

full details here:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44973696
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Stupid Iranian threats will make stupid Trumpian threats more popular.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

If they're near us, why do we need to come? :unsure:

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 26, 2018, 05:55:26 PM
If they're near us, why do we need to come? :unsure:

I think "we are near you" = "we've got people in place to do shit to you that would make you very upset, like blow up Trump tower or assassinate your family members."

While "come" = "come at me bro!"

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 26, 2018, 05:55:16 PM

Iranian general doesn't care about that, just like Trump doesn't care he is strengthening the regime there.  On both sides it's all for domestic consumption.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Savonarola on July 26, 2018, 04:32:31 PM
Actual news story:

Trump caught on tape: Get me a Coke, please

Cokegate; the scandal that just won't go away.

The most shocking thing about that is that he said please
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Legbiter

QuoteWASHINGTON—The Republican Party has become the party of blue-collar America.

After the 1992 election, 15 of the 20 most manufacturing-intensive Congressional districts in America were represented by Democrats. Today, all 20 are held by Republicans.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/americas-manufacturing-towns-once-solidly-blue-are-now-a-gop-haven-1532013368

Remarkable.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Quote from: Savonarola on July 26, 2018, 04:32:31 PM
Actual news story:

Trump caught on tape: Get me a Coke, please

Cokegate; the scandal that just won't go away.

Almost as good as the 2 scoops classic.  :lol:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Random Iranians nobody has heard about say stupid things on a regular basis. Yes let's equate that to our President.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on July 26, 2018, 10:18:32 PM

Random Iranians nobody has heard about say stupid things on a regular basis. Yes let's equate that to our President.

He's a major general, I'm sure lots of Iranians have heard of him. And not equating the two...

Normal American reaction to Trump's tweet:  :rolleyes:
Same person reacting to Iranian tweet: "oh yeah? We'll show you"  :mad:

It's stupid because it shifts the focus away from Trump and to a national pissing contest.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I think I've giving up caring what Trump supporters think. It is clear there are either incredibly self-serving or unreachable by any sense of rational dialogue.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on July 27, 2018, 01:15:32 AM
I think I've giving up caring what Trump supporters think. It is clear there are either incredibly self-serving or unreachable by any sense of rational dialogue.

There was a time when you cared?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall