News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 25, 2018, 01:36:17 PM
State Department just put out a declaration saying the Trump WILL NOT NEVER recognize the Russian annexation of Crimea.

Won't this just induce Putin to pour even more oligarch money into Donald's pockets? :hmm:  :ph34r:

FYP.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/25/politics/emoluments-case-donald-trump-washington-dc/index.html

QuoteJudge allows case over illegal foreign gifts to proceed against President and Trump Organization

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/24/politics/foreign-leaders-call-white-house/index.html

QuoteExclusive: White House stops announcing calls with foreign leaders
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

State Department just put out a declaration saying the United States WILL NEVER recognize the Russian annexation of Crimea.

This doesn't sound like State Department style to say never.

Or is this Pompeii-o wandering off the rez?

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2018, 04:02:37 PM
State Department just put out a declaration saying the United States WILL NEVER recognize the Russian annexation of Crimea.

This doesn't sound like State Department style to say never.

Or is this Pompeii-o wandering off the rez?

Basically the latter. It's as if there are two administrations in one.

Two-for-one. Sounds good to me. We got a bargain back in Nov 2016 :w00t:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 25, 2018, 04:26:10 PM
Basically the latter. It's as if there are two administrations in one.

Two-for-one. Sounds good to me. We got a bargain back in Nov 2016 :w00t:

It's always a good thing when one of his court eunuchs nips at his tiny little fingers. :thumbsup:

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on July 25, 2018, 12:16:41 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/24/us/politics/trump-putin-cnn.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

QuoteSpotting CNN on a TV Aboard Air Force One, Trump Rages Against Reality

Look at what those sneaky Times reporters slipped in:

"The email, an internal exchange between officials in the White House Military Office and the White House Communications Agency last Thursday, also called for the ordering of two additional televisions to support Beam, a TiVo-like streaming device, to make sure the president and first lady could both watch TV in their separate hotel rooms when they travel."

:lol: #handslap
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 25, 2018, 04:46:46 PM
Quote from: Syt on July 25, 2018, 12:16:41 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/24/us/politics/trump-putin-cnn.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

QuoteSpotting CNN on a TV Aboard Air Force One, Trump Rages Against Reality

Look at what those sneaky Times reporters slipped in:

"The email, an internal exchange between officials in the White House Military Office and the White House Communications Agency last Thursday, also called for the ordering of two additional televisions to support Beam, a TiVo-like streaming device, to make sure the president and first lady could both watch TV in their separate hotel rooms when they travel."

:lol: #handslap

:XD:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on July 25, 2018, 07:15:20 AM
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/07/trump-putin-press-conference-transcript/565385/

QuoteThe White House Transcript Is Missing the Most Explosive Part of the Trump–Putin Press Conference

Putin's interview on Fox with Chris Wallace was pretty interesting too.

When he asked VP about the indictment of the 12 Russkies, his shit-eating grin was priceless enough, but when he answered the question about meddling in the election/hacking the Dem's emails, he didn't even bother to deny it.  He just underlined "what was revealed in the emails was all true right?  So what's the problem?" (though without admitting anything either).

garbon

I liked the Sean Spicer BBC interview:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5991433/BBC-host-grills-Sean-Spicer-corrupted-discourse-entire-world.html

Quote'You have corrupted discourse for the entire world!' BBC reporter grills Sean Spicer for helping Trump spread 'lies' in chaotic six months as White House press secretary

Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer found a buzzsaw waiting for him Tuesday on television, fending off an accusation that he singlehandedly ruined global political discourse by defending a pathologically dishonest president.

BBC host Emily Maitlis pointed to the moment widely regarded as Spicer's original sin – castigating journalists on Trump's first full day in office for reporting that he drew a smaller in-person inauguration audience than Barack Obama had eight years earlier.

The former Republican Party flack sacrificed much of his credibility by insisting Trump attracted 'the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration – period – both in person and around the globe.' Pictures from the National Mall showed otherwise. Spicer took no questions that day.

'You joked about it when you presented the Emmy awards,' Maitlis said Tuesday, recalling his self-deprecating star turn last September. 'But it wasn't a joke.'

'It was the start of the most corrosive culture. You played with the truth. You led us down a dangerous path. You have corrupted discourse for the entire world by going along with these lies!'

Maitlis spent 15 minutes via satellite on 'BBC Newsnight' with Spicer, who is promoting a lukewarmly received book 'The Briefing' about his six months as Donald Trump's principal spokesman.

In a stinging Wall Street Journal book review, ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl wrote that Spicer's memoir reads 'much like his tenure as press secretary: short, littered with inaccuracies and offering up one consistent theme: Mr. Trump can do no wrong.'

On Tuesday, Spicer offered no criticism of his former boss but owned up to falling short the day after Trump took office.

'We all make mistakes,' Spicer offered, repeating his frequent defense that he wished for 'a do-over on that.'

'There were days that were extremely lonely in that job because I screwed up,' he said, while also claiming American political reporters promoted 'many false narratives and false stories' about the president.

Maitlis delivered her dressing-down in vivid hues, painting Trump as a dangerous liar and Spicer as his henchman.

'It's just not good enough,' she said of his defense. 'Donald Trump, as you well know, made stuff up long before he was a candidate.'

'This is the office of the president spouting lies or half truths, or knocking down real truths, and you were his agent for those months.'

She also name-checked presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway, whose famous hair-splitting on the inauguration crowd led her to describe the White House's version of events as an example of 'alternative facts.'Conway 'was introducing a second version of the truth,' Maitlis boomed.

'How dangerous was that?'
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Meanwhile in America.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/398936-betsy-devos-40-million-yacht-set-adrift-by-vandals

QuoteBetsy DeVos's $40 million yacht set adrift by vandals

A $40 million yacht owned by Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos was reportedly untied from the dock at a northern Ohio marina and set adrift.

The captain of the 163-foot yacht, named "The Seaquest," called the Huron Police Department early Sunday morning when the crew realized the boat was floating in the Huron Boat Basin, The Toledo Blade reported.

The yacht hit a dock, causing between $5,000 and $10,000 in damage, the newspaper added, citing a police report.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/24/ivanka-trump-company-shut-down-close-nordstrom-line-poor-performance

QuoteIvanka Trump to close fashion brand amid consumer backlash

Ivanka Trump is out of fashion. The retail company run by Donald Trump's eldest daughter will soon cease to exist.

The New York Post first reported on Tuesday that the company will be closing "ASAP" and that staff have been informed that they are being laid off. "It's just never recovered since she stepped away from the company," an insider told the Post's Page Six.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Ivanka is only closing one fashion line, not her entire business.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on July 26, 2018, 04:16:17 PM
Ivanka is only closing one fashion line, not her entire business.

Besides her fashion line, what businesses does she have?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

Quote from: Savonarola on July 26, 2018, 04:32:31 PM
Actual news story:

Trump caught on tape: Get me a Coke, please

Cokegate; the scandal that just won't go away.

Well it is because people liked to make fun of that part of the tape on twitter. And he happens to be the man that really got the media excited about reporting what's happening on twitter...