What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Zanza

The Guardian wonders whether Trump is friend or foe...
https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/08/donald-trump-uk-visit-contempt-for-european-allies

He has really achieved a lot over eighteen months. Western multilateralism that has defined the entire post-war period is more or less dead. The Europeans should take heed and not just hope for a return of this bygone era.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Zanza on July 08, 2018, 04:58:36 AM
The Guardian wonders whether Trump is friend or foe...
https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/08/donald-trump-uk-visit-contempt-for-european-allies

He has really achieved a lot over eighteen months. Western multilateralism that has defined the entire post-war period is more or less dead. The Europeans should take heed and not just hope for a return of this bygone era.

Yes, the Anglo-Saxon world is retiring from the stage. Too bad the special relationship turned out to be a relationship between special countries.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Nations that kept peace with Hitler have no room to criticize.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

The Europeans should take heed and not just hope for a return of this bygone era.

Yes, that is the lesson that has been made clear to Canada as well.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Jacob

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 08, 2018, 08:46:49 AM

There is plenty of room to criticize at this point.

Razgovory

I never suspected how fragile this all was.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

Quote from: Jacob on July 08, 2018, 11:01:10 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 08, 2018, 08:46:49 AM

There is plenty of room to criticize at this point.

Seriously. Even North Korea's criticism has a point.

Maladict

Quote from: Razgovory on July 08, 2018, 11:34:22 AM

I never suspected how fragile this all was.

It wasn't even that fragile. But there's only much you can do for a relationship when your partner gets a voluntary lobotomy, tears up all your stuff and starts picking fights with everyone.