What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Please tell me that is fake news.  Nobody can be THAT stupid.

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on July 06, 2018, 03:02:59 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on July 06, 2018, 12:47:01 PM
I doubt it.

For instance, Trump has refused the services of an American interpreter during his encounter with Putin, preferring to rely on Putin's own translator. Who else but a highly intelligent person would do that?

That cannot possibly be true.

It has happened before! 

However, I can't find anything other than rumors about the upcoming summit, such as:

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/8xb4na/the-huge-panic-about-the-trump-putin-summit-is-great-for-russia

QuoteGiven that Trump is said to be keen to meet one-to-one, without aides or even his own translator, the way is wide-open for Putin to nudge his suggestible counterpart in all kinds of directions.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Oexmelin

CNN has amended its story since then. Trump apparently insists on one-on-one meetings, i.e., no aides present (and, shocking, no minutes, and no records being kept), but the matter of translation has been left unspecified. 
Que le grand cric me croque !

Razgovory

I wonder how different Trump would act if he were helped by Russia.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Of course it happened. Just like the Gorilla Channel.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on July 06, 2018, 10:37:41 PM
Of course it happened.

Since the White House officially confirmed it, I agree it is safe to conclude that.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

FunkMonk

Quote from: derspiess on July 06, 2018, 10:37:41 PM
Of course it happened. Just like the Gorilla Channel.

The Gorilla Channel was a pretty good joke though   :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

What is the Gorilla Channel? Some stupid meme?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

It's from the same person who wrote those parody excerpts from Hillary Clinton's book about the election.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Oexmelin

A discourse for the ages, in the annals of American democracy:

"Why, oh why, do they come? It's got to be something. I guess they like my policy -- maybe my policy. No, it's true. Have you ever noticed, you never hear that -- you never hear that. You never hear it. I mean, there's got to be a reason. I have broken more Elton John records, he seems to have a lot of records and we beat -- and I, by the way, I don't have a musical instrument.

I don't have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ and lots of other people help him. You know we've broken a lot of records. We've broken virtually every record because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room for basketball, for hockey, for all the sports. They need a lot of room.

We don't need it. We have people in that space, so we break all these records. But really we do it without like the musical instruments. This is the only musical, the mouth, and hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain, more important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important."
Que le grand cric me croque !

Tonitrus

You left out this gem... :P

QuoteSo, on your farms, for the most part, you will have no estate tax or death tax to pay. You can leave your farm, you can leave your small business to your children or whoever you want to leave them, don't always leave them to the children. If the children aren't good children don't, leave them to somebody else.

11B4V

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 07, 2018, 03:43:12 PM
You left out this gem... :P

QuoteSo, on your farms, for the most part, you will have no estate tax or death tax to pay. You can leave your farm, you can leave your small business to your children or whoever you want to leave them, don't always leave them to the children. If the children aren't good children don't, leave them to somebody else.

Fuck's sake.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".