News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 04, 2018, 08:10:46 PM
I'll take that bet.  For it to be a legal order Trump would have to enter the launch codes.

Its cute that you think Trump would worry about it being legal.

Syt

:lol:

(Tony Schwartz was the ghost writer for The Art of the Deal)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on July 05, 2018, 04:07:05 AM(Tony Schwartz was the ghost writer for The Art of the Deal)

Random Twitter idiots are really keen in lecturing experts in certain topics about how they don't really know anything about those very same topics.

mongers

Is the Trump presidency a free-form extension of the 'theatre of the absurd'?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1014919211339210754

QuoteNPR Politics
‏Verified account
@nprpolitics
52 minutes ago

#Breaking: The White House has announced that Bill Shine, the former co-president of Fox News, will be Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff for Communications.

Yep, this Bill Shine: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/01/526429448/fox-news-president-bill-shine-resigns

QuoteFox News co-President Bill Shine has resigned and will leave the network within a few weeks, Fox News announced Monday afternoon.

Shine's departure is part of the aftershocks of the sexual harassment scandal that has gripped the network since last summer, leading to the departure of former Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes last July and of star host Bill O'Reilly last month.

QuoteThe Daily Beast
‏Verified account
@thedailybeast

On the flip side, both Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly endorsed Shine

QuoteThe Daily Beast
@thedailybeast

Even right-wing leader and Trump supporter @LarryEKlayman warned Trump not to bring on former Fox executive Bill Shine: "I don't want so see the ghost of Roger Ailes running the White House communications operation."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Solmyr

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 04, 2018, 09:27:37 PM
I'll take that bet.  For it to be a legal order Trump would have to enter the launch codes.

I think Yi means that Trump would have to actually remember the codes, which presumably have more than two digits, in order to enter them.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Solmyr on July 05, 2018, 03:01:30 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 04, 2018, 09:27:37 PM

I think Yi means that Trump would have to actually remember the codes, which presumably have more than two digits, in order to enter them.

I am pretty sure Trump can find people to help him with that. 

Razgovory

I think he'd have to order someone to give them to him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Hope the door hits him. #lackofcivility
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on July 05, 2018, 03:41:14 PM

Someone who's not Mattis.  AFAIK SecDef is not even in the chain of command for a nuclear launch.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 05, 2018, 06:43:49 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 05, 2018, 03:41:14 PM

Someone who's not Mattis.  AFAIK SecDef is not even in the chain of command for a nuclear launch.

Oh.  Okay.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 05, 2018, 09:17:41 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 05, 2018, 05:34:27 PM
Hope the door hits him. #lackofcivility

Yep
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5b31ad0de4b0b5e692f0c7b8

QuoteBut the GOP might not have been able to pull off stealing that Supreme Court seat if Democrats, and the rest of us, hadn't practiced "civility"

You know I was around in 2016 and I do not recall any of this 'civility' going on. Nobody has been civil politically since John McCain's concession speech (for which he was booed by his own supporters).

So I can conclude the author of that article does not speak English or has suffered some sort of brain damage that harmed their memory.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

But the rest of the article is so balanced and fair!  :lol:

Dude, it's HuffPo.