News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2018, 04:00:25 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 01, 2018, 11:13:03 PM
Shades of Weimar.

A new make-up line by Ivanka? :unsure:

Nothing gives a smokey eye quite like the ashes of the Reichstag. ;)
Experience bij!

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

Good

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/02/magazine/inside-the-aclus-war-on-trump.html
QuoteIn the 15 months that followed the election, the A.C.L.U.'s membership went from 400,000 to 1.84 million. Online donations in the years before averaged between $3 and $5 million annually. Since then, it has raised just shy of $120 million.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 04, 2018, 02:50:38 AM
Trump wanted to invade Venezeula last August, thankfully he has a short attention span.

https://www.apnews.com/a3309c4990ac4581834d4a654f7746ef/US-official:-Trump-pressed-aides-about-Venezuela-invasion?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Good thing this was leaked, so that benevolent ruler Maduro can't get any legitimate fuel for his fire and his supporters in the West can't point and say "I told you so".

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on July 04, 2018, 02:55:02 AM
Trump wanted to invade Venezeula last August, thankfully he has a short attention span.

https://www.apnews.com/a3309c4990ac4581834d4a654f7746ef/US-official:-Trump-pressed-aides-about-Venezuela-invasion?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Good thing this was leaked, so that benevolent ruler Maduro can't get any legitimate fuel for his fire and his supporters in the West can't point and say "I told you so".

Does it matter?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on July 04, 2018, 04:02:46 AM
Quote from: The Brain on July 04, 2018, 02:55:02 AM

Does it matter?

Some of us live in a country with significant and vocal Maduro cheerleaders, which is tiresome.

garbon

They do it all the time when we don't do anything so it is really just the same if we do something.

Razgovory

I strongly suspected something like this.  Some of the Senate Republicans seemed really spooked by Trump.  I figured that they were hearing stories about Trump wanting to start wars or use nuclear weapons against ISIS.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on July 04, 2018, 09:36:47 AM

I strongly suspected something like this.  Some of the Senate Republicans seemed really spooked by Trump.  I figured that they were hearing stories about Trump wanting to start wars or use nuclear weapons against ISIS.

Well that wouldn't be out of character from what we've seen from him so far.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on July 04, 2018, 12:02:03 PM

When Trump finally leaves the White House, I bet we'll hear some really scary stories like Mattis refusing an order to use nukes or something.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on July 04, 2018, 03:18:15 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 04, 2018, 12:02:03 PM

When Trump finally leaves the White House, I bet we'll hear some really scary stories like Mattis refusing an order to use nukes or something.

Oh I don't doubt that , Raz.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

I'll take that bet.  For it to be a legal order Trump would have to enter the launch codes.