News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

He's a white supremacist and most immigrants, even legal ones, aren't white.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 25, 2018, 06:48:59 PM
What an odd offer.  Trump's campaign was about illegal immigration and Muslim terrorist immigration.  When did he develop a beef with legal immigration in general.

I would take the deal if I were the Dems.  Citizenship is for ever and immigration quotas can be reversed.

Yeah, I would take it as well.  The Wall won't be built immediately and can be defunded some time from now.  They've had a beef with legal immigration for a while now.  Trump had sent signals during the campaign, and I think a lot of the people bitching about illegal immigrants aren't less concerned about the niceties of legal status and more about the the fact they don't want any foreigners here.  At least non-white ones.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

When did he develop a beef with legal immigration in general.

Once again you are making the faulty assumption that anything he says at any time has any truth value.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 25, 2018, 07:11:37 PM
Once again you are making the faulty assumption that anything he says at any time has any truth value.

It's undoubtedly less than 1, but certainly greater than zero.

jimmy olsen

Maybe this won't be accepted

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/956678861068136448
QuoteThe opposition to Trump's immigration restriction framework on the left is pretty much thermonuclear.

Trump plan :
ACLU: "Nativist screed" to benefit "white supremacists"
United We Dream: "White supremacist ransom note"
Gutierrez: Might as well build 50-foot "middle finger" facing Latin America
Sharry: "a wrecking ball to the Statue of Liberty"
Breitbart: Don's Amnesty Bonanza
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on January 25, 2018, 08:42:21 AM
Quote from: Valmy on January 24, 2018, 07:15:54 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 24, 2018, 04:37:43 PM
Indeed, but what did you have to sacrifice to get into Texas?

I had to be pushed out of a birth canal.

How old were you when they made you do that?  :hmm:

Depends on when you believe life begins. :pope:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on January 25, 2018, 11:45:46 PM
Breitbart is the left now?

I think he stuck them in there just because it was funny.

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

The President has a veto.  If the legal quotas are changed they won't be changed back as long as he stays in the WH; that could be 7 years.  It is terrible policy.  Annual legal immigration flows are about 0.3-0.4% of the US population.  It is probably too low. The US is below replacement level demographically.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

So reports are out that Trump did attempt to fire Mueller last June, but that White House counsel Don McGahn refused and threatened to quit rather than fire Mueller.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 26, 2018, 09:47:37 AM
The President has a veto.  If the legal quotas are changed they won't be changed back as long as he stays in the WH; that could be 7 years.

God, let's hope not.

QuoteIt is terrible policy.  Annual legal immigration flows are about 0.3-0.4% of the US population.  It is probably too low. The US is below replacement level demographically.

I favor making it very, very easy to move here, but very, very hard on those who try to circumvent the minimal restrictions I would support.

[/quote]

Savonarola

Power to the people:

QuoteMark Ruffalo, Alyssa Milano plan 'People's State of the Union' counter-events
Associated Press Published 4:26 p.m. ET Jan. 26, 2018

NEW YORK – Mark Ruffalo, Lee Daniels, Michael Moore and Whoopi Goldberg are among celebrities who plan to attend an evening of speeches and music at "The People's State of the Union," billed as a "public alternative" to President Donald Trump's first State of the Union address.

The event is planned for Monday, the day before Trump's speech, at The Town Hall, a historic venue in Manhattan founded as a meeting spot for suffragists more than 90 years ago.

Among those slated to perform are Andra Day and Common, who will sing their Grammy- and Oscar-nominated song Sand Up for Something from the film Marshall.

Ruffalo, a vocal progressive, said the evening will be an "inspirational event where activists and influencers join together to articulate a positive vision for our future, and how we're going to win our country back."

Host organizations include unions, organizers of the Women's March and Planned Parenthood. The event will be live-streamed at peoplessotu.org.

Online, Alyssa Milano on Tuesday will launch an initiative, #StateOfTheDream, to support immigrants and raise money for United We Dream, an immigrant youth-led organization.

In a statement, Milano called for social media users to create brief videos describing "your dream for America" and post them at the same time, 9 p.m. EST, with the effort's hashtag. She urged on Twitter: "Please join us! Resist and persist with digital counter-programming to Trump's #SOTU"

According to Foxnews.com Mark Ruffalo has called this "The mother of all movements."  Hope it goes better for him than the "Mother of all wars" went for Saddam Hussein.   

Edit:  The Fox Article on this event goes so far as to describe the organizers of this event as a "Cabal."  :Joos:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

What an odd offer.  Trump's campaign was about illegal immigration and Muslim terrorist immigration.  When did he develop a beef with legal immigration in general.

I would take the deal if I were the Dems.  Citizenship is for ever and immigration quotas can be reversed.

Trump's campaign was pretty loosey-goosey about the distinction between legal and illegal immigration.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

They also would mentioned the 1965 immigration law that increased none European immigration into the US.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017