News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Semi-related, I read one time that one of the largest sources of illegal immigration to the US is Ireland.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 12, 2018, 05:28:00 PM
Thing is, we don't really need more people from anywhere.

That is changing, last year the US hit a record low birth rate.  If that trend continues the US is definitely going to require more immigration.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

dps

Quote from: 11B4V on January 11, 2018, 09:42:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 11, 2018, 09:40:10 PM
Apparently the White House is thinking of a small military strike on North Korea.

I hope this isn't true.

Yeah, go big or go home.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 12, 2018, 01:56:30 PM
I can't think of a similar example from Trudeau, but I think in general what I focus on are policies, or what something says about someone's character, rather than choices of words or verbal mis-steps.  I mean the reason I didn't like Chretien wasn't because he talked funny.

I think what we have here is the bigotry of low expectations with regards to Trump.

But if he had excellent character and had wise policies then I would simply hope he would shut up and stop with the gaffs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on January 12, 2018, 09:12:42 PM
Is Nambia a shithole?

After the Germans instilled a sense of order and discipline?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Lol

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-lawyer-arranged-130-000-payment-for-adult-film-stars-silence-1515787678?tesla=y&mod=e2tw

QuoteTrump Lawyer Arranged $130,000 Payment for Adult-Film Star's Silence

Agreement just before election required woman to keep quiet about an alleged sexual encounter with Trump in 2006, people familiar with the matter say

A lawyer for President Donald Trump arranged a $130,000 payment to a former adult-film star a month before the 2016 election as part of an agreement that precluded her from publicly discussing an alleged sexual encounter with Mr. Trump, according to people familiar with the matter.

Michael Cohen, who spent nearly a decade as a top attorney at the Trump Organization, arranged payment to the woman, Stephanie Clifford, in October 2016 after her lawyer negotiated the nondisclosure agreement with Mr. Cohen, these people said.

Ms. Clifford, whose stage name is Stormy Daniels, has privately alleged the encounter with Mr. Trump took place after they met at a July 2006 celebrity golf tournament on the shore of Lake Tahoe, these people said. Mr. Trump married Melania Trump in 2005.

Mr. Trump faced other allegations during his campaign of inappropriate behavior with women, and vehemently denied them. In this matter, there is no allegation of a nonconsensual interaction.

These are old, recycled reports, which were published and strongly denied prior to the election," a White House official said, responding to the allegation of a sexual encounter involving Mr. Trump and Ms. Clifford. The official declined to respond to questions about an agreement with Ms. Clifford. It isn't known whether Mr. Trump was aware of any agreement or payment involving her.

In a statement, Mr. Cohen didn't address the $130,000 payment but said of the alleged sexual encounter that "President Trump once again vehemently denies any such occurrence as has Ms. Daniels."

Mr. Cohen added in the statement, addressed to The Wall Street Journal: "This is now the second time that you are raising outlandish allegations against my client. You have attempted to perpetuate this false narrative for over a year; a narrative that has been consistently denied by all parties since at least 2011."

The Journal previously reported that Ms. Clifford, 38 years old, had been in talks with ABC's "Good Morning America" in the fall of 2016 about an appearance to discuss Mr. Trump, according to people familiar with the matter. In that article, the Journal reported the company that owns the National Enquirer agreed to pay $150,000 to a former Playboy centerfold model three months before the election for her story of an affair a decade earlier with the Republican presidential nominee, which the tabloid newspaper didn't publish. The company said she was paid to write fitness columns and appear on magazine covers.

Mr. Cohen also sent a two-paragraph statement by email addressed "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN" and signed by "Stormy Daniels" denying that she had a "sexual and/or romantic affair" with Mr. Trump.

"Rumors that I have received hush money from Donald Trump are completely false," the statement said.

Ms. Clifford didn't respond to multiple emails seeking comment.

After the agreement, Ms. Clifford's camp complained the payment wasn't being made quickly enough and threatened to cancel the deal, some of the people familiar with the matter said.

Newsletter Sign-up

The payment was made to Ms. Clifford through her lawyer in the matter, Keith Davidson, with funds sent to Mr. Davidson's client-trust account at City National Bank in Los Angeles, according to the people.

"I previously represented Ms. Daniels," Mr. Davidson said, referring to Ms. Clifford's stage name. "Attorney-client privilege prohibits me from commenting on my clients' legal matters."

A  spokeswoman for City National Bank declined to comment.

The agreement with Ms. Clifford came as the Trump campaign confronted allegations from numerous women who described unwanted sexual advances and alleged assaults by Mr. Trump.

In October 2016, the Washington Post published a videotape made, but never aired, by NBC's "Access Hollywood" in which Mr. Trump spoke of groping women.

Mr. Trump denied all allegations of inappropriate sexual conduct and apologized at the time for his remarks on the tape, calling them locker-room banter.

Mr. Cohen worked at the Trump Organization from 2007 until after the election. As Mr. Trump took office, Mr. Cohen said he would work in private practice and act as Mr. Trump's personal attorney. "I am the fix-it guy," he said in an interview in January 2017 before Mr. Trump's inauguration.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Trump obviously wrote that last sentence. "Trust me..."  :rolleyes:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

She makes the false assumption we'd buy her book. Obviously, we'd still be reading about it in the news coverage.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Trump has the best people working for him, just the best.  :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/952016194063790080
Quote1. The White House faked a quote from one of the best doctors in the world to make Trump look healthy.

How do we know? They misspelled his name, first of all.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

It's weird how Stormy Daniels has the same rhetorical style as Donald Trump.

crazy canuck

That can happen when people become intimate

Anyone seen Melania since the news broke?

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 13, 2018, 07:31:30 AM
That can happen when people become intimate

Anyone seen Melania since the news broke?

Trump probably hasn't, because he's hiding from her; a coward and his golf clubs are rarely parted.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"