What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 21, 2017, 11:37:14 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 21, 2017, 11:02:40 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 21, 2017, 10:41:20 AM
There are many things to criticize Trump for - but leaving out the "i" in Namibia is not one of them.

Explain. Why not? If Trudeau did this what would you think?

I mean it is not a huge deal but it is a little embarrassing.

I would think the same.  I probably have more regard for Trudeau than I do for Trump.

Obviously you residents of Candia are very tolerant.

I do think you can, and should, criticize your leaders for such lazy and unnecessary errors. You never know when some touchy country will be offended. It is not a huge deal though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Isn't just a a New York accent pronunciation?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Um...you will have to ask Minsky about that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

I would think the same.  I probably have more regard for Trudeau than I do for Trump.

Probably? So you're not sure?

Yikes  :ph34r:

The Brain

It's an error that normally only a person who has never talked about Namibia would make. And if there are countries that you've never ever talked about, and you're POTUS...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

Quote from: Jacob on September 21, 2017, 11:59:21 AM

No kidding, Jake. How any moderately thinking individual can have more regard for Trump over Trudeau is beyond me. The two are night and day.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 21, 2017, 11:43:30 AM
Isn't just a a New York accent pronunciation?

No. New York pronunciations usually involve adding extra vowels, not deleting them.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on September 21, 2017, 10:37:44 AM
Well clearly he meant Elbonia...er....Namibia.

Mmmm... what about Gambia? Or Zambia?

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on September 21, 2017, 12:06:55 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 21, 2017, 11:59:21 AM

No kidding, Jake. How any moderately thinking individual can have more regard for Trump over Trudeau is beyond me. The two are night and day.

Nah, I've commented before how they're actually very similar in many ways.

Both rode to power on the strength of fame and personal popularity.  Both had no practical experience in government before becoming leader.  Both made a series of wide-ranging promises that were going to prove impossible to implement (you know Trumps, but Trudeau promised and end to first past te post, was going to increase spending all while having a "tiny $10b deficit, was going to vastly improve relationship with first nations).  Both have fabulous hair.

But yeah, I get it.  I don't like Trudeau, but I don't question his basic human competency.  I do with Trump.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Savonarola

And in other crucial news:

Mike Pence's rabbit Marlon Bundo to star in children's book

The Godrabbit:

Donald Trump:  And the Miss America Pageant cancelled my contract, and now Hil is beating me in the polls.  She's beating me bigly.  I'm through, I'm all washed up.  Oh, Godrabbit, I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do.

Marlon Bundo : YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!

[Marlon Bundo slaps Trump.]

Marlon Bundo: What's the matter with you?! Is this how you turned out, a reality show finocchio that cries like a woman?! "Eheheh! What can I do? What can I do?" What is that nonsense? Ridiculous. [pause] You spend time with your family?

Donald Trump: Sure I do.

Marlon Bundo: Good. Because a man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man. Come here. You look terrible. I want you to eat. I want you to rest a while. And in a month from now, you're going to be president elect.

Donald Trump: It's too late, the mail in votes have already started.

Marlon Bundo: I'm gonna call Uncle Vlad.  I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. Now, you just go outside and enjoy yourself, and, forget about all this nonsense. I want you, I want you to leave it all to me.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on September 21, 2017, 02:11:35 PM
And in other crucial news:

Mike Pence's rabbit Marlon Bundo to star in children's book

The Godrabbit:

Donald Trump:  And the Miss America Pageant cancelled my contract, and now Hil is beating me in the polls.  She's beating me bigly.  I'm through, I'm all washed up.  Oh, Godrabbit, I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do.

Marlon Bundo : YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!

[Marlon Bundo slaps Trump.]

Marlon Bundo: What's the matter with you?! Is this how you turned out, a reality show finocchio that cries like a woman?! "Eheheh! What can I do? What can I do?" What is that nonsense? Ridiculous. [pause] You spend time with your family?

Donald Trump: Sure I do.

Marlon Bundo: Good. Because a man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man. Come here. You look terrible. I want you to eat. I want you to rest a while. And in a month from now, you're going to be president elect.

Donald Trump: It's too late, the mail in votes have already started.

Marlon Bundo: I'm gonna call Uncle Vlad.  I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. Now, you just go outside and enjoy yourself, and, forget about all this nonsense. I want you, I want you to leave it all to me.

Oh man, that's goddam brilliant.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on September 21, 2017, 11:02:40 AM
There are many things to criticize Trump for - but leaving out the "i" in Namibia is not one of them.

Explain. Why not? If Trudeau did this what would you think?

I mean it is not a huge deal but it is a little embarrassing.

only Probably? don't go all Viper on us
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on September 21, 2017, 11:01:44 AM

In writing it could be explained away as a typo. In speech, not so much.
It sure could, if the teleprompter guy is not a good speller.

Eddie Teach

For all the many faults Trump has, at least he's not Canadian.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

His grand father ran a Hotel in the Yukon.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.