News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2017, 08:52:53 PM
Anyhow, are you sure that's not your vivid imagination? If we ignore them they'll probably go away. Besides the Communists are just as bad, right?

Only racists bring up race!

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 15, 2017, 08:55:27 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 15, 2017, 08:42:21 PM
Oh, good.

You got bigger problems on the horizon, debt ceiling boy.

I've already reconciled with the fact I wont be getting paid later this year.

When the revolution comes I wont have anything to lose :pope:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2017, 08:44:05 PM
Austin? Dammit I had plans this weekend well wish me luck.

Good luck.

Seems like our milquetoast Canadian wannabe alt rigthers are putting on a rally in Vancouver too. I'll be there for the counter, especially since it isn't far from my house.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 15, 2017, 08:57:02 PM

As a contractor, I've already reconciled with the fact that not only will I not get paid later this year, I'll lose my healthcare and get one hell of a head start on foreclosure.   

But I'm supposed to blame illegals, blacks and trade agreements.  Or something.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 15, 2017, 09:06:36 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 15, 2017, 08:57:02 PM

As a contractor, I've already reconciled with the fact that not only will I not get paid later this year, I'll lose my healthcare and get one hell of a head start on foreclosure.   

But I'm supposed to blame illegals, blacks and trade agreements.  Or something.

But Donald said JOBS will solve racism  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 15, 2017, 09:20:20 PM

Still waiting for my well-paying factory job like I was promised.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 15, 2017, 09:21:45 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 15, 2017, 09:20:20 PM

Still waiting for my well-paying factory job like I was promised.

Nalley
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2017, 09:00:35 PM

Good luck.

Seems like our milquetoast Canadian wannabe alt rigthers are putting on a rally in Vancouver too. I'll be there for the counter, especially since it isn't far from my house.

Are you going as Antifa or as some other character?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Oexmelin

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2017, 08:52:53 PM
Anyhow, are you sure that's not your vivid imagination? If we ignore them they'll probably go away. Besides the Communists are just as bad, right?

Yeah, it's hard to choose where to counter, with all the Communist rallies taking place at the same time.
Que le grand cric me croque !

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2017, 07:22:02 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 15, 2017, 07:17:09 PM
You guys are giving neo-Nazis way too much attention, and making them seem more powerful and relevant than they are.

:lol:

Spicy for the three-for in classic apologia!

1. The other side is just as bad!
2. It's not real! You're making it up!

and now

3. It's your fault for giving them attention in the first place!

You're just all in on the Nazi apologism, huh? I was kind of hoping that recent developments would've given you cause for a bit of self-reflection, but I guess everything's still hunky-dory in your world.
Can we finally withdraw the last benefit of the doubt, and treat him for what he very convincingly appears to be?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 15, 2017, 07:52:52 PM
I think the issue is that the President of the United States, for one reason or another, believes he needs their votes.

It's more dysfunctional than that. The thought process isn't even that rational. Trump inhabits his solipsistic universe which revolves wholly and entirely around him.  The fact that other people might be affected by what he does or says is of no consequence because other people are merely instruments to provide him pleasure or adulation on the one hand, or annoyance and aggravation on other.  Trump says nice things about fascists because they say nice things about him.  David Duke and his Klanny friends praise Trump so in his mind they are the good guys.  The people who denounce them are either against him or Republicans who really preferred other candidates so they are the bad guys.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 15, 2017, 09:48:39 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 15, 2017, 07:52:52 PM
I think the issue is that the President of the United States, for one reason or another, believes he needs their votes.

It's more dysfunctional than that. The thought process isn't even that rational. Trump inhabits his solipsistic universe which revolves wholly and entirely around him.  The fact that other people might be affected by what he does or says is of no consequence because other people are merely instruments to provide him pleasure or adulation on the one hand, or annoyance and aggravation on other.  Trump says nice things about fascists because they say nice things about him.  David Duke and his Klanny friends praise Trump so in his mind they are the good guys.  The people who denounce them are either against him or Republicans who really preferred other candidates so they are the bad guys.

Today was Very Trump.  He said what he wanted to say on Saturday.  He was incredibly agitated that he had to say what he said yesterday.  And today, it was Enough Is Enough, all seething petulance over having to deal with something he doesn't want to deal with.  Christ, he had to be positively volcanic behind the scenes today with his staff.

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on August 15, 2017, 09:38:02 PMAre you going as Antifa or as some other character?

I'm going as a decent human being. You should try it some time.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 15, 2017, 09:38:02 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2017, 09:00:35 PM

Good luck.

Are you going as Antifa or as some other character?

I will be going as myself. I am a terrible actor.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: dps on August 15, 2017, 08:46:09 PM

Good luck!  Try not to get killed.

Do you, like Seedy, have a large collection of wargames?  If you do, and do get killed, I call dibs.

Let's see. I have three AWE games (La Grande Guerre, Rossiya 1917, and Europa Universalis), Diplomacy, Machiavelli, and a ton of ASL. Kind of meagre really.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."