Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 15, 2017, 05:34:28 PM
Nice apostrophe, Van :rolleyes:

:lol:

If that's your reserve chute, by all means, pull that lollipop.

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on August 15, 2017, 12:24:37 PM
Not to mention your vivid imagination.

Spicy, are you able to develop that comment a bit more?

dps

Quote from: viper37 on August 15, 2017, 05:03:50 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 15, 2017, 03:24:47 PM
One can be a patriot (and love America) without being a nationalists (loving one's nation, however one conceives it).  In fact, I'd argue that nationalists are the ones who hate America.
They are mostly the same.  Patriotism is mostly linked to a defined, legally recognized country while nationalism extends beyond border. 

A Kurdish soldier who supports the autonomy of an hypothetical Kurdistan is a nationalist.
An Iraki soldier killing Kurdish civilians is a patriot.

There's clear cut lines on who's evil based on the definition.  Actions make you what you are.

An American patriot would vote for Donald Trump because he promises to Make America Great Again as for him, that involves rooting out corruption of the institutions that drag this country down.
An American nationalist would vote for Hillary Clinton because he believes she will do best by the people.

I was going to say that you've got it backwards, but I don't even think that would be accurate.  I think most American voters would consider themselves both nationalists and patriots, regardless of who they voted for.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: The Brain on August 15, 2017, 06:06:18 PM
But above all they are retards.

If you backed either Trump or Hillary, yep. 

Note that I said "backed".  You might have voted for Hillary because Trump was even worse without being a retard.

FunkMonk

At this point I am openly praying for Mike Pence to usurp the throne, and I'm not even religious.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

DGuller

Quote from: dps on August 15, 2017, 06:12:16 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 15, 2017, 06:06:18 PM
But above all they are retards.

If you backed either Trump or Hillary, yep. 

Note that I said "backed".  You might have voted for Hillary because Trump was even worse without being a retard.
I know a couple of people who backed Hillary, and I know quite a bit more people who expressed the same sentiment that you did.  The latter group has way more retards, even if you don't judge them for expressing this kind of sentiment.  The retards who are too wise and intelligent to be for anyone in US politics are the ones that enabled the rise of fascists more than any other group.

The Minsky Moment

Going to say it again.  Soft on Russkies.  Soft on Nazis.  Bad combination.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 15, 2017, 06:15:56 PM
At this point I am openly praying for Mike Pence to usurp the throne, and I'm not even religious.
Well, you better be if your wish comes true.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2017, 05:48:51 PM

He forgot the First Law of Trump: human imagination, even at its most creative, is insufficient to capture the reality that is the Trumpean tsunami of shit.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

FunkMonk

Quote from: DGuller on August 15, 2017, 06:26:41 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 15, 2017, 06:15:56 PM
Well, you better be if your wish comes true.

He will make The Handmaid's Tale real and I'll be glad of it.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2017, 05:48:51 PM

You guys are giving neo-Nazis way too much attention, and making them seem more powerful and relevant than they are.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Why give them any room to gain momentum.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".