News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Eh, anyone who fights Nazis is doing something right.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2017, 10:21:26 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 15, 2017, 10:17:59 AM
Some guy driving a car into pedestrians doesn't make American Nazis relevant.

There are other factors in play as well, that's true - like the number of rallies they're holding and the fact that the current White House has several key members whom the American Nazis characterize as their "fellow travellers."

Not to mention your vivid imagination.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2017, 11:14:31 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2017, 10:50:32 AM
So this happened today:

Wait Trump retweeted just some random guy? I guess to sic his fans on him. Tough break Mike Holden but twitter is a very dangerous place.

Apparently it was then quickly deleted so presumably someone noticed his mistake.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on August 15, 2017, 12:24:37 PM
Not to mention your vivid imagination.

:lol:

You really are going for the classic playbook. First you roll with "the other side is just as bad!" and now it's "you're making it up, it's all in your head!"

Quote from: Spencer on Miller and BannonSpencer explained at one point that Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon, two senior White House officials, might potentially be characterized as his fellow travelers.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/08/richard-spencers-domestic-press-conference.html

Quote from: White Nationalists planning further ralliesWhite nationalists are planning more demonstrations after Charlottesville

Emboldened and proclaiming victory after a bloody weekend in Virginia, white nationalists are planning more demonstrations to promote their agenda following the violence that left a woman dead and dozens injured.

The University of Florida said white provocateur Richard Spencer, whose appearances sometimes stoke unrest, is seeking permission to speak there next month. And white nationalist Preston Wiginton said he is planning a "White Lives Matter" rally at Texas A&M University in September.

Also, a neo-Confederate group has asked the state of Virginia for permission to rally at a monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee in Richmond on Sept. 16, and other events are likely.

"We're going to be more active than ever before," Matthew Heimbach, a white nationalist leader, said Monday.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/14/white-nationalists-are-planning-more-demonstrations-after-charlottesville.html

Valmy

Nationalists suck so fucking much. We need to work to keep that shit out of this hemisphere.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/us/holocaust-memorial-boston.html

QuoteHolocaust Memorial in Boston Is Vandalized for Second Time This Summer

A Massachusetts teenager has been charged with vandalizing a Holocaust memorial in Boston in what the city's police commissioner called a "senseless and shameful" act, particularly after the neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Va.

The Boston Police Department said the suspect, a 17-year-old from the city of Malden, around six miles north of Boston, was seen on Monday night by witnesses throwing what appeared to be a rock at the New England Holocaust Memorial, an outdoor series of six 54-foot-high towers, each composed of multiple glass panels. A panel on one of the towers was shattered, the department said.

When the police arrived at the site just before 7 p.m., they arrested the teenager, who had been detained by two bystanders. He is charged with willful and malicious destruction of property, the police said. The department's civil rights unit is investigating.

"Clearly, this type of behavior will not be tolerated in our city," the police commissioner, William B. Evans, said in the statement. "And, in light of the recent events and unrest in Charlottesville, it's sad to see a young person choose to engage in such senseless and shameful behavior."

The suspect's name was not released because he is under 18. On Tuesday, he was expected to appear in Boston Juvenile Court for an arraignment, but there were no further details from the Suffolk County district attorney's office.

It was the second time this summer that the memorial, which has stood unassailed since it was completed in 1995 in a section of the city frequented by tourists, has been damaged. In June, a 21-year-old man from Roxbury, Mass., James R. Isaac, was arraigned on charges of malicious destruction of property over $250 and willful damage to a church, synagogue, or memorial.

Prosecutors said at the time that Mr. Isaac had thrown an object at the monument, shattering one of its panels, after he got into an argument with a group of people. Mr. Isaac was wearing a GPS monitoring device at the time as a condition of his release in an unrelated assault and battery case, prosecutors said. The status of Mr. Isaac's two cases was not immediately clear.

The memorial was dedicated in 1995 in a ceremony on the steps of Boston City Hall Plaza. Its design, by the architect Stanley Saitowitz, was inspired by elements built around the number six — including for the six millions Jews murdered by the Nazi regime, and the six years, 1939 to 1945, of the deadliest phase of the Holocaust.

Visitors to the monument can walk among the soaring towers, illuminated from below. The millions of numbers for the tattoos that were embedded on the arms of Holocaust victims are etched into the glass towers, and fall across the faces of visitors in shadow. "As visitors walk along this path, entering the towers, they are tattooed with the shadows of numbers, and trapped momentarily in a theater of horror," the memorial's website says.

The police did not specify a motive, but the vandalism in Boston came three days after the neo-Nazi and white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, in which neo-Nazis carried banners and flags with swastikas, used anti-Semitic terms and held their arms out in Hitler salutes. Heather D. Heyer, a 32-year-old Virginia counterprotester, was fatally run down when, according to the police, James Alex Fields Jr., who had been seen at the protests alongside members of a right-wing group, drove his car into an area choked with a crowd.

Mr. Fields was charged with second-degree murder. A former teacher described him as interested in the neo-Nazi movement.

Jewish organizations and civil rights groups have expressed concern and outrage over the rally in Virginia and its displays of racist and Nazi emblems. Israel's official Holocaust memorial warned that Nazi ideology "was a precursor to the eventual murderous policy," The Associated Press reported.

The Anti-Defamation League called on the White House to implement a plan of action that "will ensure the kind of white supremacist violence and anti-Semitic and racist incitement witnessed in Charlottesville will not happen again."

In Boston, Jeremy Burton, the executive director of the Jewish Community Relations Council, which conducts educational programs at the New England Holocaust Memorial, said on Tuesday that the shattered glass had been swept up Monday night.

He said he contacted Holocaust survivors and their relatives in their Boston area to inform them of the vandalism in what were "indescribably painful" conversations, particularly after seeing the public displays of Nazi support in Charlottesville that he said he "never thought that in my own lifetime" he would see.

"Without speaking to the motive, I would say it is incredibly painful and frankly horrifying that we are seeing this series of events this summer, this disrespect of this sacred space," he said in a telephone interview. Mr. Burton said this was a moment when "more than ever we need to remember the Holocaust for what it was and what it means."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

CNN ran an article about the number of hate groups and hate crimes in the United States:

By the numbers: 7 charts that explain hate groups in the United States

There are some problems with the data presented.  The chart shows the number of groups, rather than total membership.  Also it's possible that a large percentage of the Alt-Right are unaffiliated with a hate group.  Still I found it interesting that the overall number of hate groups is down from Obama's first term, (and one of the fastest growing categories in recent years is Black Separatist groups) but it's now that White Nationalist groups are holding rallies.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Those black nationalist separatist groups worry me a bit BUT hopefully once Trump leaves office that will simmer down a bit. I mean it is not like black Americans have not had rises in this kind of stuff in the past.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 15, 2017, 01:38:07 PM
Valmy, why do you hate America?  :huh:

I am still bitter over that outrageous quasi war with her glorious sister republic. Is a few cents for tribute really that much to ask?

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 15, 2017, 01:38:07 PM
Valmy, why do you hate America?  :huh:

Eddie, why do you love nationalists (white, black, whatever)? 

One can be a patriot (and love America) without being a nationalists (loving one's nation, however one conceives it).  In fact, I'd argue that nationalists are the ones who hate America.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

America is my nation, not white people or Celts or whatever.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Quotecharges of malicious destruction of property over $250 and willful damage to a church, synagogue, or memorial.

Dear Mrs., Mr., Miss, or Mr. and Mrs. Daneeka...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.