News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Trump really is stupid.  Don't threaten or insult people who can toss you in jail.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on August 08, 2017, 08:39:58 AM
Trump really is stupid.  Don't threaten or insult people who can toss you in jail.

Bullies do that right up until the point that their target punches them in the face.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

That's OK, it'll all be forgotten when we Support Our Troops in the Second Korean War in September.

garbon

Well wouldn't it just be the next phase of the still ongoing Korean War?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

viper37

Leaks!  Leaks everywhere!

Tuesday, 7:35 a.m.: "Fox & Friends" welcomes U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley to discuss U.N. sanctions targeting the exports of the North Korean regime of Kim Jong Un. The penalties stem from North Korea's recent intercontinental ballistic missile tests.
[...]
Co-host Steve Doocy: Ambassador, on the front page of FoxNews.com right now there is a story that apparently the intel community has picked up. Anti-ship cruise missiles were being loaded onto a patrol boat or patrol boats in North Korea. What can you tell us about that?

Haley: I can't. I can't talk about anything that's classified and if that's in the newspaper, that's a shame.

Doocy: You have no reason to believe that's not accurate, though?

Haley: I have no reason to comment.

Co-host Ainsley Earhardt: The fact that it shouldn't be in the newspaper — is that another leak, I guess?

Haley: It's one of these things — I don't know what's going on, but I will tell you it's incredibly dangerous when things get out into the press like that. You're not only just getting a scoop on something, you're playing with people's lives.

Earhardt: Yes.

Haley: And this has got to stop. Whatever the leaks are coming from, if somebody thinks they're getting power or fame from it, all you're doing is putting Americans in danger.

Doocy: Sure, and I understand that, but at the same time is the United States intel community saying, "Hey, Mr. Kim, we're watching you. We just saw you put those things on the boat"?

[...]

What a "Fox & Friends" moment. The word "newspaper" is bolded in the transcript above because Haley apparently misheard Doocy, who clearly explained that the key story was on the "front page" of FoxNews.com. The story in question is by Fox News reporter Lucas Tomlinson. Published on Monday, the story's headline is "US spy satellites detect North Korea moving anti-ship cruise missiles to patrol boat." Tomlinson writes, "It's the first time these missiles have been deployed on this type of platform since 2014, U.S. officials with knowledge of the latest intelligence in the region told Fox News on Monday."

[...]

Meanwhile! President Trump early Tuesday morning had retweeted a "Fox & Friends" tweet promoting Tomlinson's story:
<blockquote> U.S. spy satellites detect North Korea moving anti-ship cruise missiles to patrol boat https://t.co/BPFXsLffgy
— FOX & friends (@foxandfriends) August 8, 2017</blockquote>

damn leaks!
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Trump's base is officially crumbling

Update: Trump labeled the polls "Fake News Suppression Polls" in a tweet Tuesday afternoon.

After 200 days, rarely has any Administration achieved what we have achieved..not even close! Don't believe the Fake News Suppression Polls!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 8, 2017

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

So long guys it was nice knowing you all.  :(

QuoteDonald Trump threatens 'fury' against N Korea
8 August 2017

US President Donald Trump says North Korea "will be met with fire and fury" if it threatens the US.

His comments came after a Washington Post report, citing US intelligence officials, said Pyongyang had produced a nuclear warhead small enough to fit inside its missiles.

This would mean the North is developing nuclear weapons capable of striking the US at a much faster rate than expected.

The UN recently approved further economic sanctions against the country.

The Security Council unanimously agreed to ban North Korean exports and limit investments, prompting fury from North Korea and a vow to make the "US pay a price".

The heated rhetoric between the two leaders intensified after Pyongyang tested two intercontinental ballistic missiles in July, claiming it now had the ability to hit the US.

Mr Trump told reporters on Tuesday: "North Korea best not make any more threats to the US. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen."

Full item here:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40869319

Zanza

Shit. Seedy was right again. :(

At least the Norks will not nuke Europe.  :swiss:

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Lol, "best not make any more threats."  OK, Nino Brown.

HisMajestyBOB

Glad I'm taking a vacation to Florida in September. Hopefully the fireworks will start then.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

mongers

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 08, 2017, 04:46:16 PM
Glad I'm taking a vacation to Florida in September. Hopefully the fireworks will start then.

You're optimistic.

Ed Anger

I suddenly feel a need to take inventory.

AMMO: CHECK
FOOD AND WATER: CHECK
GEIGER COUNTER: GODDAMMIT I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive