News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Not clear whether the quoted part of Burdick is good law.  What is true is that if a pardon is accepted, then the receiver of the pardon can be compelled to testify.  If the pardon is not accepted then it has no effect.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

It's a mark of his respect for us that he shares the very finest humour he finds on the internet.

Eddie Teach

That cartoon seems to be missing a punchline.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on July 25, 2017, 12:48:43 PM
It's a mark of his respect for us that he shares the very finest humour he finds on the internet.

Or at least the very finest humor from local Cincinnati progressive publications.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2017, 02:09:08 PM

Or at least the very finest humor from local Cincinnati progressive publications.

Whatever makes you feel good about yourself :hug:

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on July 25, 2017, 02:32:04 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2017, 02:09:08 PM

Whatever makes you feel good about yourself :hug:

I don't know that we need convincing that Ohio is a shit hole though. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Just stating facts. Feelings: irrelevant.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

CountDeMoney

Eat shit, you're not even in Real Spain.

garbon

Zanza

Interesting difference between Trump and Merkel: Trump says Sessions has lost his confidence, but Sessions stays in his job (for now). Merkel always publicly expresses her "fullest confidence" in her ministers the day before she fires them.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Merkel is also running a government, not Season 16 of The Apprentice - The White House Edition.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson