And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2017, 12:38:54 PM
Quote from: Maladict on May 31, 2017, 12:37:46 PM
Any chance leaving the Paris agreement could be overturned by a court?
Because it would endanger the population, or something like that?

Treaties fall under the US Senate.

Yeah, but if it somehow reaches 9th Circus, they'll overturn anything Trump does.

edit: doh
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

IIRC the Paris Accord hasn't been ratified by the Senate.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Fate

They made it an executive agreement so the Senate couldn't filibuster it. Which also means a President can pull out unilaterally when power switches parties.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2017, 12:59:49 PM

IIRC the Paris Accord hasn't been ratified by the Senate.

Neither was Kyoto, which still has nothing to do with the courts, as Maladict had asked.

garbon

I'm confused why Trump tweeted that his children are having a hard time with what Kathy Griffin did. Beside the youngest that he mentioned, you'd think all of the adults would be able to handle it. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2017, 03:25:25 PM
I'm confused why Trump tweeted that his children are having a hard time with what Kathy Griffin did. Beside the youngest that he mentioned, you'd think all of the adults would be able to handle it. :huh:

Uday and Qusay must've been getting "American Psycho" flashbacks.

Syt

"... my daughter Ivanka, and my little Barron, and ... the other one."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Seeing people wanting you dad decapitated probably has to weigh a bit, even on adults.

Anyway, Kathy is off CNN now. Hopefully in a few weeks I can go back to forgetting she's around.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on May 31, 2017, 03:32:57 PM

Seeing people wanting you dad decapitated probably has to weigh a bit, even on adults.

When your dad is president and there has been lots of internet chatter discussing if he'll be assassinated? Yeah, no, that shit from Griffin is irrelevant.

And that's not to say at all that it was in good taste, funny, or should have been done. She's getting the backlash I guess deserved. Guess, as again, who cares what she does?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on May 31, 2017, 03:32:56 PM

"... my daughter Ivanka, and my little Barron, and ... the other one."

Tiffany? :D

HVC

Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2017, 03:36:39 PM

When your dad is president and there has been lots of internet chatter discussing if he'll be assassinated? Yeah, no, that shit from Griffin is irrelevant.

And that's not to say at all that it was in good taste, funny, or should have been done. She's getting the backlash I guess deserved. Guess, as again, who cares what she does?

You're saying that because you hate trump, fairly as he's a despicable man. Seeing a bloody head of your dad is off putting at the very least. Now, are his adult kids crying in the corner? doubt it, nor is trump claiming they were affected to that degree as far as I know,  but it would still be disturbing and effect them.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

garbon

Quote from: HVC on May 31, 2017, 03:42:50 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2017, 03:36:39 PM

You're saying that because you hate trump, fairly as he's a despicable man. Seeing a bloody head of your dad is off putting at the very least. Now, are his adult kids crying in the corner? doubt it, nor is trump claiming they were affected to that degree as far as I know,  but it would still be disturbing and effect them.

No don't play that canard. I'm not saying it because I dislike Trump. I'm saying it because no, after all the shit that has already been said and done online, Griffin's thing is a non-factor. I'd say the same thing if Hillary as a candidate in 2016 tried to complain about such in relation to Chelsea.

Distasteful, certainly? And something that should be repudiated, sure? Harmful to his children, fuck off.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2017, 11:23:39 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2017, 02:21:19 AM
I like the Kathy Griffin bit. As if anyone cares about her.

She was never easy on the eyes, but man she is turning into a cross between Putin and Nicholas Cage.

She was alright in her Suddenly Susan days. Not near as hott as the redhead on Newsradio though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

jimmy olsen

This seems to indicate that withdrawing takes a long time. Who knows what could happen by 2019
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/here-s-what-happens-if-trump-leaves-paris-climate-agreement-n766761
QuoteTrump also can't technically withdraw from the agreement until November 2019. It's possible he could speed things up by abandoning the underlying Senate-approved climate treaty that the agreement is linked to.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point