What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2017, 01:04:25 PM
Quote from: dps on May 20, 2017, 12:28:39 PM
So you think that he will resign?

No, I do not.

Then what part of my post were you disagreeing with?  I is confuseded.

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on May 20, 2017, 04:31:29 PM

You wrote "not sure about the rest of your predictions" implying that you did not agree with the rest of Funk's post.  I disagreed with your disagreeing with "fighting tooth and nail and bringing everyone and everything down around him because he cares about only one thing: Donald J. Trump." and that " the republicans are fucked, the democrats are idiots and will find a way to fail in the midterms, and america is royally screwed for years to come.".

You simply agreed on the not resigning part.  Everything and everyone will burn if he is forced out, because that is what he does.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2017, 04:39:45 PM
Quote from: dps on May 20, 2017, 04:31:29 PM

You wrote "not sure about the rest of your predictions" implying that you did not agree with the rest of Funk's post.  I disagreed with your disagreeing with "fighting tooth and nail and bringing everyone and everything down around him because he cares about only one thing: Donald J. Trump." and that " the republicans are fucked, the democrats are idiots and will find a way to fail in the midterms, and america is royally screwed for years to come.".

You simply agreed on the not resigning part.  Everything and everyone will burn if he is forced out, because that is what he does.

Well, I considered the "fighting tooth and nail" part to be part of "not resigning".  The part of his post I'm really not prepared to agree with is that the Dems will find a way to lose the 2018 mid-terms.  Mind you, I'm not saying that they won't, just that I don't necessarily think that they will.

CountDeMoney

Grey Fox

The Dems will lose the 2018 midterms once again. The Trump crowd still loves Trump more than water. The congress people will back him more & more as the election gets closer.

Trump will die in office, about halfway in his 2nd term in 2022.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on May 20, 2017, 05:15:12 PM
Well, I considered the "fighting tooth and nail" part to be part of "not resigning".  The part of his post I'm really not prepared to agree with is that the Dems will find a way to lose the 2018 mid-terms.  Mind you, I'm not saying that they won't, just that I don't necessarily think that they will.

Trump will not fight tooth and nail to keep the office.  He will find away to run away when the going gets too hot for him, and then declare victory.  He is the CC of American politics.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 20, 2017, 05:56:14 PM
The Dems will lose the 2018 midterms once again. The Trump crowd still loves Trump more than water. The congress people will back him more & more as the election gets closer.

Trump will die in office, about halfway in his 2nd term in 2022.

Congressmen get only one vote apiece in the 2018 midterm elections, and Trump won't be running.  The "Trump crowd" among American voters is like 30% of the likely voters, and wil be decisive in relatively few districts.  Unless Trump somehow miraculously turns around his presidency, Republican fortunes in the midterms will depend on how credibly they can run away from Trump.

Trump will never seek a second term.  He already regrets seeking a first term.  It's not nearly as much fun being president as he naively assumed.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Didn't meet Race Bannon today. Didn't know if he was going off base and I was too busy hitting ps4 pricks with a Wespe in World of Tanks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zanza

Saudi Arabia gives 100 million for Ivankas initiative on women's rights. What was that stuff about the Clinton Foundation again?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Zanza on May 22, 2017, 05:20:01 AM
Saudi Arabia gives 100 million for Ivankas initiative on women's rights. What was that stuff about the Clinton Foundation again?

Wow.  It took the Clintons years to collect that much.  Good thing Trump put all his assets in a blind trust, or else this would look very bad.

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on May 22, 2017, 07:33:42 AM
Quote from: Zanza on May 22, 2017, 05:20:01 AM

Wow.  It took the Clintons years to collect that much.  Good thing Trump put all his assets in a blind trust, or else this would look very bad.

This calls for an investigation of Clinton.

The Minsky Moment

The important thing is that this administration finally made a clear stand in combatting "RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM" (tm) by cozying up to the regime that funds the worldwide network of schools that helps promote radical Islamic ideology and by giving a keynote speech that curiously failed to use the phrase "radical Islamic terrorism."
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Pretty sure they addressed radical resource extraction, however.

Interesting to see us officially toss our lot in with the Sunnis..  Guess 1979 still stings more than 2001.
  [gowdy]How about that[/gowdy]