News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Sticking my neck out (and likely into a noose) here's my prediction on how the whole Trump thing will roll out.

Republicans in Congress are already scared out of their wits that Trump will bring them down in the 2018 midterms if he's still in office by that point. If that happens, they could lose the House and the Senate.

Trump will not be impeached, but rather will resign under pressure by no later than mid-November or early December. He will cite health reasons, or not wanting to be a distraction to the American people.

The Republicans will push for this because that way they would get to keep Pence (assuming he comes through the Russia thing clean, and there's no guarantee). Or, if Pence also has to go, Paul Ryan becomes President.

That gives the Republican party the Christmas break to let things die down, take the position that they cleaned up their own house, and hope everyone forgives and forgets by the time the November midterms come along.

This is absolutely essential to them for one reason above all: if Trump hangs on through the midterms, and they lose the House and/or Senate, and Trump/Pence are impeached afterward, it means that a (potentially) Democratic Speaker of the House would become president.

Which is precisely what could happen if Trump hangs on through the impeachment process.

So one way or another, they are gonna want Trump *gone* by late November or early December.

Now let's see if I'm right....
From JMS.
That makes sense.  However, I don't know if the Republicans will come out of this unscathed.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

Trump will never resign lol

He will stay in office as long as he can, fighting tooth and nail and bringing everyone and everything down around him because he cares about only one thing: Donald J. Trump

The republicans are fucked, the democrats are idiots and will find a way to fail in the midterms, and america is royally screwed for years to come.

That is my Official FunkMonk prediction.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on May 20, 2017, 09:42:53 AM
Sticking my neck out (and likely into a noose) here's my prediction on how the whole Trump thing will roll out.

Republicans in Congress are already scared out of their wits that Trump will bring them down in the 2018 midterms if he's still in office by that point. If that happens, they could lose the House and the Senate.

Trump will not be impeached, but rather will resign under pressure by no later than mid-November or early December. He will cite health reasons, or not wanting to be a distraction to the American people.

The Republicans will push for this because that way they would get to keep Pence (assuming he comes through the Russia thing clean, and there's no guarantee). Or, if Pence also has to go, Paul Ryan becomes President.

That gives the Republican party the Christmas break to let things die down, take the position that they cleaned up their own house, and hope everyone forgives and forgets by the time the November midterms come along.

This is absolutely essential to them for one reason above all: if Trump hangs on through the midterms, and they lose the House and/or Senate, and Trump/Pence are impeached afterward, it means that a (potentially) Democratic Speaker of the House would become president.

Which is precisely what could happen if Trump hangs on through the impeachment process.

So one way or another, they are gonna want Trump *gone* by late November or early December.

Now let's see if I'm right....
From JMS.
That makes sense.  However, I don't know if the Republicans will come out of this unscathed.

It amazes me people think Trump will come to his senses and do the right thing.

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 20, 2017, 10:24:20 AM

He will stay in office as long as he can, fighting tooth and nail and bringing everyone and everything down around him because he cares about only one thing: Donald J. Trump

The republicans are fucked, the democrats are idiots and will find a way to fail in the midterms, and america is royally screwed for years to come.

I think that is much more likely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on May 20, 2017, 09:06:42 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 20, 2017, 08:53:23 AM
Regal Beagle is the name of a pub or bar in some TV show whose name I forget.

Thanks, that must have been where I half remembered it from.

I was guessing it was a Yism.

It was the bar restaurant down the street on Three's Company, where much late 70's social interaction hilarity ensured.

You pop culture retards.

dps

I agree that Trump isn't going to resign, unless maybe he really does develop major health problems.  Not sure about the rest of your predictions.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on May 20, 2017, 11:28:13 AM

I agree that Trump isn't going to resign, unless maybe he really does develop major health problems.  Not sure about the rest of your predictions.

That's because you fail to understand the Nature of Trump.

garbon

The Saudis know how to handle our man baby.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/334366-trump-receives-saudi-arabias-highest-civilian-honor

QuoteTrump receives Saudi Arabia's highest civilian honor

Saudi Arabia King Salman placed the King Abdulaziz al Saud Collar around President Trump's neck on Saturday during a ceremony in the country's capital. The gold medallion is considered the kingdom's highest civilian honor.

Trump received the medal during a ceremony at the Royal Court in Riyadh shortly after he arrived in Saudi Arabia for his first foreign trip as president.

The host of the event declared that Trump was being honored for "his quest to enhance security and stability in the region and around the world," according to the Associated Press.

Members of the White House delegation in attendance included First Lady Melania Trump, first daughter Ivanka Trump, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner and Chief Strategist Steve Bannon.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2017, 11:30:59 AM
Quote from: dps on May 20, 2017, 11:28:13 AM

That's because you fail to understand the Nature of Trump.

So you think that he will resign?

CountDeMoney

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2017, 10:46:01 AM
Quote from: mongers on May 20, 2017, 09:06:42 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 20, 2017, 08:53:23 AM
Regal Beagle is the name of a pub or bar in some TV show whose name I forget.

Thanks, that must have been where I half remembered it from.

I was guessing it was a Yism.

It was the bar restaurant down the street on Three's Company, where much late 70's social interaction hilarity ensured.

You pop culture retards.

70s tv sucks.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

I prediction is that Trump will still be president in early 2020. 

FunkMonk

Actually, for maximum Trumpian chaos, perhaps the Dems retake the House, commence impeachment, and then Donald being acquitted by a single vote in the Senate. :bleeding:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 20, 2017, 03:34:54 PM
Actually, for maximum Trumpian chaos, perhaps the Dems retake the House, commence impeachment, and then Donald being acquitted by a single vote in the Senate. :bleeding:

Maximum trolling would be Pence casting the tie-breaker in favor of impeachment and making himself president.  :lol:

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: garbon on May 20, 2017, 11:41:17 AM
The Saudis know how to handle our man baby.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/334366-trump-receives-saudi-arabias-highest-civilian-honor

QuoteTrump receives Saudi Arabia's highest civilian honor

Saudi Arabia King Salman placed the King Abdulaziz al Saud Collar around President Trump's neck on Saturday during a ceremony in the country's capital. The gold medallion is considered the kingdom's highest civilian honor.

Trump received the medal during a ceremony at the Royal Court in Riyadh shortly after he arrived in Saudi Arabia for his first foreign trip as president.

The host of the event declared that Trump was being honored for "his quest to enhance security and stability in the region and around the world," according to the Associated Press.

Members of the White House delegation in attendance included First Lady Melania Trump, first daughter Ivanka Trump, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner and Chief Strategist Steve Bannon.

Let's face it, there is nothing that says classy more than a gold medallion  :cool: