News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Right.  Because they've improved so much since then.

Zanza

There is an entire subreddit of Trump's past tweets where he criticizes someone (usually Obama) for something he does himself now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump/

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on May 19, 2017, 12:57:49 PM
There is an entire subreddit of Trump's past tweets where he criticizes someone (usually Obama) for something he does himself now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump/

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy. -- 8:45 PM - 6 Nov 2012

Donald Trump was quite the prophet that time.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

@realDonaldTrump
Are you allowed to impeach a president for gross incompetence?
12:23 - 4 Jun 2014

Maladict

At least there will be no need for the tiresome 'Who is the worst US president ever' discussion anymore.

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on May 19, 2017, 01:26:33 PM
At least there will be no need for the tiresome 'Who is the worst US president ever' discussion anymore.

Oh God. The constant ranking of the Presidents is so tiresome.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Yeah, they keep putting Washington so high for some reason.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2017, 10:03:18 AM
Trump won the first two primaries, in New Hampshire and South Carolina, by huge margins. More than 10 points in both instances :mellow:
but what was the score of all opponents vs Trump?  Did he ge 50%+1 everywhere?  Who was allowed to vote?

As I said, I do not know enough about the entire process in each State.

I find disapointing that most Republicans chose party line over the good of the country during the Presidential election, before that, I do not know.

QuoteStephen Harper would be destroyed as a liberal RINO here.
Tbh, Stephen Harper was a pragmatic.  He was a good PM because he was Canadian and recognized he needed to govern from the center to avoid destroying his party.

If there's no incentive to be pragmatic, then I don't see why one would be.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2017, 01:28:11 PM

How fortunate you are of having Trump as President.  We Canadians, are still debating who's the worst PM in our history. :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on May 19, 2017, 01:29:34 PM
but what was the score of all opponents vs Trump?  Did he ge 50%+1 everywhere?  Who was allowed to vote?

Of course not. It was a 16 person race. He won 45% of all Republican votes, Cruz won 25% so 70% of all Republicans preferred one of those. He won the majority of states by big margins of victory.

There were many experienced governors and seasoned politicians in the race. All of them were crushed by the neophytes and nut jobs. The Republicans did not just side with Trump and his like when they went up against Democrats. They are the types the Republicans favor over anybody and everybody. At least in that Primary anyway.

Well ok Kasich did win Ohio.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 19, 2017, 01:28:53 PM

If he'd remained loyal to his king and country, the Americans wouldn't be in this mess now.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on May 19, 2017, 01:50:49 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 19, 2017, 01:28:53 PM

If he'd remained loyal to his king and country, the Americans wouldn't be in this mess now.  :D

All he wanted was a commission in the regular army. George could really hold a grudge.

Zanza

Quote from: viper37 on May 19, 2017, 01:32:51 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2017, 01:28:11 PM

How fortunate you are of having Trump as President.  We Canadians, are still debating who's the worst PM in our history. :(
Ours is literally Hitler, so that's easy for us.  :P

Valmy

Do you guys do list of top German Chancellors? Does Bismark always win?

Zanza

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2017, 02:08:48 PM
Do you guys do list of top German Chancellors? Does Bismark always win?
Konrad Adenauer wins