What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 18, 2017, 12:49:15 PM
Quote from: Liep on February 18, 2017, 07:40:32 AM
I watched other clips from Maher's show last night... so that's Milo.  :mellow:

Weaponized homo bitchiness.

Either he was well behaved or he just isn't a big deal. Didn't find him offensive. Not enough to riot that is.

Maher is right, liberals need to quit taking the bait. Quit acting all shrilly and bitchy.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 18, 2017, 12:58:10 PM
Either he was well behaved or he just isn't a big deal. Didn't find him offensive. Not enough to riot that is.

He's just one of those bombthrowers that'll put it all in print, but won't talk the same shit in person.  But when Wilbon tells him to go fuck himself, he gets what he wanted:  it's all about attention.

QuoteMaher is right, liberals need to quit taking the bait. Quit acting all shrilly and bitchy.

I dunno...the guys and gals at Fox get pretty shrill when they're shouting everybody down.  :lol: YOU KNOW WHO TALKS ABOUT RACE?  RACISTS

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 18, 2017, 01:04:07 PM

He's just one of those bombthrowers that'll put it all in print, but won't talk the same shit in person.  But when Wilbon tells him to go fuck himself, he gets what he wanted:  it's all about attention.

QuoteMaher is right, liberals need to quit taking the bait. Quit acting all shrilly and bitchy.

I dunno...the guys and gals at Fox get pretty shrill when they're shouting everybody down.  :lol: YOU KNOW WHO TALKS ABOUT RACE?  RACISTS

No doubt. Hell, my boy Shep was drilling the Trumpster hard on his segment. Of course trump supporters want him fired for that.  :lol: They can't handle the truth.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

But Kudos to that Milo dude, he admits and makes it known what he is. A troll.

The guest that bowed out because of him is a punk.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 18, 2017, 01:14:59 PM

Which is why he deserves the response he gets.  He's exactly the guy you get up from the table for, walk around to the other end, and jackhammer facepound him square in the side of the his jawline repeatedly until he leaves, and then go back to your seat. 

dps

Maher is right, liberals need to quit taking the bait. Quit acting all shrilly and bitchy.

For a lot of liberals, shrill bitchiness isn't an act.  Granted that there is plenty of shrill bitchiness on the right, too.  And while very few moderates are shrill, some of them are still bitchy.

Too bad we can't just tune out all the shrillness and bitchiness out and have decent civil discourse on the issues.  Of course, many of us here don't really have much room to complain, based on their posting style on the forum.

Berkut

Quote from: dps on February 18, 2017, 01:45:12 PM

For a lot of liberals, shrill bitchiness isn't an act.  Granted that there is plenty of shrill bitchiness on the right, too.  And while very few moderates are shrill, some of them are still bitchy.

Too bad we can't just tune out all the shrillness and bitchiness out and have decent civil discourse on the issues.  Of course, many of us here don't really have much room to complain, based on their posting style on the forum.

All true.

The problem with the radicals is that it lets the other side ignore the non-radicals, and just pretend like the crazies are the entirety of the other side.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 18, 2017, 01:29:05 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 18, 2017, 01:14:59 PM

Which is why he deserves the response he gets.  He's exactly the guy you get up from the table for, walk around to the other end, and jackhammer facepound him square in the side of the his jawline repeatedly until he leaves, and then go back to your seat.

And he videos it and gets four million views on youtube and Breitbart. Ring the cash register.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

LaCroix

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on February 18, 2017, 12:47:12 PM
Quote from: celedhring on February 18, 2017, 11:44:25 AM
Well, given it's a FoxNews poll, the results aren't so bad.

Yeah, but they're watching fox news because they trust the other news sources even less. Scary, ain't it.

I think they're calling random numbers, not necessarily fox viewers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

QuoteThe Fox News poll found that 45 percent trusted "government officials" under President Donald Trump to tell the public the truth over news outlets. Some 42 percent trusted news outlets over Trump officials, with 10 percent trusting neither.

Bait and switch to ask about government officials then say it applies to the Trump administration.

LaCroix

iirc fox news polls aren't considered to have a huge conservative slant. rasmussen is considered more likely to have such a slant.

the angle that trump is the worst thing ever and everyone hates him is the predominant view according to the media, social media, and certain places online, but it's far from the truth.

every time these polls come out showing it's still 50-50, excuses are made trying to explain away the results.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on February 18, 2017, 04:28:08 PM
the angle that trump is the worst thing ever and everyone hates him is the predominant view according to the media, social media, and certain places online, but it's far from the truth.

This statement is far from the truth.

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 18, 2017, 04:32:45 PMThis statement is far from the truth.

I exaggerated a bit with this: "trump is the worst thing ever and everyone hates him," but it's not such an exaggeration it breaks the definition of the word