News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Poor Trump. He just can't catch a break.

None of this is his fault, of course. The media just hates on him because...somethingsomethingsomethingtheyahateAmerica.

The best case scenario at this point is he gets so sick of it all that he quits. The sooner that happens, the better for America and the world, for that matter.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

viper37

Quote from: LaCroix on February 16, 2017, 10:40:31 PM
going to the rally, they would find probably the most unfortunate and ignorant looking person in the room
that must have been really, really, hard to do.

QuoteBecause the press has a tendency, first, to exaggerate the importance of minor stories. And secondly, there's a lot of confirmation bias. If the narrative is that Trump is in disarray, they see the bad news but not the good news, and ambiguous stories are taken to be bad news.
...And in other news today, the sun has risen this morning, a clear sing that God approves of our President's policies
Yeah, I can see that working just fine :)
[/i]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

Personally, I just want Donald to hold rallies and pressers every day for the next four years. It gets him out of the WH, he wouldn't have to make any decisions, and he'd be much happier, too.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 09:25:39 AM
people are forgetting that trump is a person like any of us. some so desperately want to characterize him as an Evil Man using some black and white morality system that doesn't exist except in star wars (rip kotor2). he's also the president, and he's going to need be energized throughout his presidency to do an effective job.

he's going to need his victories and periods of venting like the rest of us. getting constantly shit on day in, day out, doesn't help him, which means it doesn't help us. it's a constant media cycle of Let's Hate Trump, and he doesn't really have that many vocally public supporters, in part because people don't post on social media without getting labeled racist or losing friends. this is demoralizing.

"good, I hope trump is demoralized" is terrible because (1) he's our president, and because few here care about that (2) it makes it easier for people around trump to put things before him to rubberstamp. so, let him hold his rallies in front of the press, and stop criticizing the whole fake news thing. the media really isn't helping anyone this time around, because it's so obsessed with hating on trump. it's hurting its own credibility, and it's negatively impacting the executive branch.

Most of us don't want him to do an effective job, given his stated agenda.

LaCroix

hurting trump to the point he's simply disinterested in the job or interested but depressed just gives more power to those around trump.

who do you think is worse for the left, trump or people like bannon, sessions, and giuliani?

Berkut

Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 09:48:41 AM
hurting trump to the point he's simply disinterested in the job or interested but depressed just gives more power to those around trump.

who do you think is worse for the left, trump or people like bannon, sessions, and giuliani?

I could not care less about "the left", I care about America.

If your best argument is that we should hope Trump is happy because the people HE PLACED INTO POWER are a fucking nightmare, and we don't want THEM calling the shots...and yet you still are this slavish supporter of Trump...

Then you are a fucking tool. But of course we knew that.

Personally, I don't think I am kidding myself into believing that there is some fine grain of Trump happiness we should all hope for such that he has enough power to keep his puppet masters from controlling him too much, but that won't destroy the country as much as any Bannons or Lacroix can hope for.

Best case is that every single level available is used to make him as unhappy, ineffective, and confused as possible. The only way out is getting him (and the people around him) out, by whatever reasonable means are necessary.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

It is a revealing look into your character that you care more about ideological battles then what is best for your nation.  But then again, that fits the mold of someone who still supports Trump.

viper37

Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 09:25:39 AM
people are forgetting that trump is a person like any of us.
I'm sorry, but no. Just no.  Trump is a fucking moron.  I am not a morn.  Yi is not a moron.  Derspiess is not a moron.  Valmy is not a moron.  There are many people I disagree with here and they are not total morons.  Ok, you might be an exception, but aside that, no Trump is not like us.

Any of us would know where we are underqualified and prepare for it accordingly by increasing our skills before taking the job.

some so desperately want to characterize him as an Evil Man using some black and white morality system that doesn't exist except in star wars (rip kotor2). he's also the president, and he's going to need be energized throughout his presidency to do an effective job.
it wasn't black and white in Kotor.  You could be evil and still whip the galaxy into shape.  Right now, Trump is simply destroying the US and weakening its allies.

he's going to need his victories and periods of venting like the rest of us.
Then he has to work for it.  All he has to do is govern like a sensible, intelligent man.  For one day.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

sbr

So many good things from that shit show of a "press conference" yesterday but I am pretty sure this is my fav

https://youtu.be/nCnKtzQpCSs

FunkMonk

The left is full of idiots anyway. Pence All da Way BOIiiiii
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

LaCroix

Quote from: Berkut on February 17, 2017, 09:53:34 AMI could not care less about "the left", I care about America.

If your best argument is that we should hope Trump is happy because the people HE PLACED INTO POWER are a fucking nightmare, and we don't want THEM calling the shots...and yet you still are this slavish supporter of Trump...

Then you are a fucking tool. But of course we knew that.

Personally, I don't think I am kidding myself into believing that there is some fine grain of Trump happiness we should all hope for such that he has enough power to keep his puppet masters from controlling him too much, but that won't destroy the country as much as any Bannons or Lacroix can hope for.

Best case is that every single level available is used to make him as unhappy, ineffective, and confused as possible. The only way out is getting him (and the people around him) out, by whatever reasonable means are necessary.

I apologize for saying using the term "the left"; I misunderstood because the left's arguments against trump that he's evil has been adopted by many posters here.

so, if trump personally gets beaten down and seethes and obsesses about the media and public outlash constantly, do you think his minions (that yes, he put into power -- that's irrelevant to this discussion) are doing the same? of course not. why would they? no, they're working on their own agendas. those agendas include things that 50% of america hates -- banning refugees from seven muslim countries, etc.

hurting trump, beating him down doesn't help america, because it gives more power to those who are allegedly undermining america's interests. it's gotten to the point that the media and social media are way more focused on hating trump than it ever was with obama, even during the worst moments of outcry against obama. the level of absolute shit that's thrown at trump on a daily basis is wild.

Quote from: crazy canuckIt is a revealing look into your character that you care more about ideological battles then what is best for your nation.

I don't know what you misunderstood from my post that resulted in this response

I'm saying the opposite.

Josephus

There's no way Trump is going to last four years. the only question is how will it end for him?

An assassination?
A GOP coup?
Rage Quit?

more likely, the Dems kick ass in midterms and start an impeachment process.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 10:22:48 AM
the level of absolute shit that's thrown at trump on a daily basis is wild.

I don't see the basis for this statement.

LaCroix

Quote from: viper37 on February 17, 2017, 10:12:13 AMAny of us would know where we are underqualified and prepare for it accordingly by increasing our skills before taking the job.

Then he has to work for it.  All he has to do is govern like a sensible, intelligent man.  For one day.

we have the president we elected. complaining about what trump is or isn't doesn't do any good post-election.

he has worked for it. the things he does well, such as nominating acosta, gorsuch, etc., are attacked. trump can literally do no good for the vast majority of social media and news agencies. NYT might throw him a bone once in a blue moon, and then the very next day it's back to shitting all over him. you reach trump through media, and the media is going crazy against him.

and then you have people like bannon who have been saying for years, "the media is the enemy." this gives them more influence over trump.

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2017, 10:28:24 AMI don't see the basis for this statement.

you're going to have to clarify. do you mean, "it's not wild, it seems deserved" or do you mean "it doesn't seem like he gets shit on quite a bit"