News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Glossing over how he asks the reporter to set up the meeting because, you know, he's black (:lol:) I love how he seamlessly goes from not knowing what the Black Caucus is to saying they're great.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on February 17, 2017, 08:18:55 AM
Glossing over how he asks the reporter to set up the meeting because, you know, he's black (:lol:) I love how he seamlessly goes from not knowing what the Black Caucus is to saying they're great.

To play the Dakota role here, it's possible to know the Congressional Black Caucus but not recognize the acronym.

Grey Fox

I am not sure it's because the journalist is black.

It's because everyone works for him now. You do as you are told!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2017, 08:23:55 AM

To play the Dakota role here, it's possible to know the Congressional Black Caucus but not recognize the acronym.

Fair enough. I'm still certain he knew fuck all about them when he said "they're great", though.

The Larch

It's his default mannerism, at this point, I don't think that anyone belives him at all when he starts saying that something is great, fabulous, fantastic or whatsoever, he just starts latching the words to anything that comes across him that he thinks he has to pump up.

His must grating mannerism to me are the "believe me" he always says after claiming that he'll do something in particular. Has nobody told him that if you have to insist on asking for the other's belief in you continuously it means you're not trustworthy, that you're asking them to rely on blind faith rather than solid facts or background?

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on February 17, 2017, 08:36:28 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2017, 08:23:55 AM

Fair enough. I'm still certain he knew fuck all about them when he said "they're great", though.

Yeah fine not knowing them as CBC but his great comments give the truth.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on February 17, 2017, 08:41:24 AM

It's his default mannerism, at this point, I don't think that anyone belives him at all when he starts saying that something is great, fabulous, fantastic or whatsoever, he just starts latching the words to anything that comes across him that he thinks he has to pump up.

His must grating mannerism to me are the "believe me" he always says after claiming that he'll do something in particular. Has nobody told him that if you have to insist on asking for the other's belief in you continuously it means you're not trustworthy, that you're asking them to rely on blind faith rather than solid facts or background?

I find his constant use of superlatives really tiring. "I'm the least racist!", "It's the best/greatest/worst/most dishonest [insert something] here!" etc.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

LaCroix

it's just a speech style. people are taking things a bit too literally

Syt

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/16/us/politics/donald-trump-media.html

Quote[...]

For days, a frustrated and simmering president fumed inside the West Wing residence about what aides said he saw as his staff's inadequate defense and the ineffectiveness of his own tweets.

[...]

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

The one thing mitigating this ridiculous presidency is the volume of leaks.

LaCroix

the problem with relying on leaks is that the things said can be exaggerated. and then journalists can exaggerate the leaks. so you can easily have a game of telephone going

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on February 17, 2017, 08:56:01 AM
the problem with relying on leaks is that the things said can be exaggerated. and then journalists can exaggerate the leaks. so you can easily have a game of telephone going

And then you ask Trump or Spicer or the hag to confirm or deny it, and they spazz out and you get some yucks.  :)

viper37

Quote from: LaCroix on February 16, 2017, 08:47:21 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 16, 2017, 06:45:31 PM
So...about Trump's new labor nominee  :yucky:

this is a good example of hating on anything loosely connected to trump

the guy was a federal prosecutor. he made deals when necessary. do you think a conservative federal prosecutor is going to go easy on child molesters just cuz?
Certainly not just cuz, no.  Only if he was black or latino.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

LaCroix

people are forgetting that trump is a person like any of us. some so desperately want to characterize him as an Evil Man using some black and white morality system that doesn't exist except in star wars (rip kotor2). he's also the president, and he's going to need be energized throughout his presidency to do an effective job.

he's going to need his victories and periods of venting like the rest of us. getting constantly shit on day in, day out, doesn't help him, which means it doesn't help us. it's a constant media cycle of Let's Hate Trump, and he doesn't really have that many vocally public supporters, in part because people don't post on social media without getting labeled racist or losing friends. this is demoralizing.

"good, I hope trump is demoralized" is terrible because (1) he's our president, and because few here care about that (2) it makes it easier for people around trump to put things before him to rubberstamp. so, let him hold his rallies in front of the press, and stop criticizing the whole fake news thing. the media really isn't helping anyone this time around, because it's so obsessed with hating on trump. it's hurting its own credibility, and it's negatively impacting the executive branch.

LaCroix

Quote from: viper37 on February 17, 2017, 09:21:54 AMCertainly not just cuz, no.  Only if he was black or latino.

acosta is cuban