News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on February 16, 2017, 01:48:20 PM
Linda McMahon?  well she has appeared on-screen from time to time.  Maybe?

Really bad delivery on Linda's part, though. Compare to Shane:

But Shane was always a bit crazy in the ring (e.g. in one match he was supposed to go through a pane of glass - that failed twice, but he insisted on trying again till it broke).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: grumbler on February 16, 2017, 01:51:45 PM
Quote from: Liep on February 16, 2017, 01:35:06 PM
"The leaks are real, you saw them, they're real. The news are fake because... so much of it is fake."

This is amazing. :D

Where are you finding these quotes.  I google them and get no hits.

From the ongoing press conference
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on February 16, 2017, 01:49:24 PM

Catastrophic.  Just like how they were gonna get destroyed in the November election :P

McCain-Palin 2008 can't lose!  amiright? :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Liep on February 16, 2017, 01:53:00 PM
Quote from: grumbler on February 16, 2017, 01:51:45 PM
"The leaks are real, you saw them, they're real. The news are fake because... so much of it is fake."

Where are you finding these quotes.  I google them and get no hits.

From the ongoing press conference

Ah.  I look forward to the transcript, then.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Liep

The way he's saying: "I don't have to tell you what I'm going to do with North Korea" is creepy.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

The Stone Cold Stunner(c) is an awkward looking move.

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on February 16, 2017, 01:55:02 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 16, 2017, 01:49:24 PM

Catastrophic.  Just like how they were gonna get destroyed in the November election :P

McCain-Palin 2008 can't lose!  amiright? :P

That was Putin's fault.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

He's shaming a jewish reporter that asked a question about anti-semitism in USA.

The reporter specifically said he hadn't seen anti-semitism from Trump but was concerned about it generally. Trump then told him to be quiet and sit down and that he was the least anti-semitic person he had ever seen.

Just wow.

Crazy_Ivan80

the leaks are real... why does he keep bringing up his water sports escapades?

Barrister

Quote from: The Larch on February 16, 2017, 01:52:04 PM
You missed Trump himself.  :ph34r:

I did, but I knew he must have received one.  Trump is in the WWE Hall of Fame after all!

And here we go...

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Quote from: Liep on February 16, 2017, 02:03:46 PM
He's shaming a jewish reporter that asked a question about anti-semitism in USA.

The reporter specifically said he hadn't seen anti-semitism from Trump but was concerned about it generally. Trump then told him to be quiet and sit down and that he was the least anti-semitic person he had ever seen.

Just wow.

Thankfully another journalist followed up, Trump's response: "Some of the signs you see are written by the other side, next question."

Syt

CNN:

QuoteTrump: 'Nobody I know' spoke to Russia during campaign
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

"Lying special prosecutors with their FAKE indictments. So unfair!"

Syt

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/16/us/politics/alexander-acosta-labor-secretary-trump.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Quote[...]

In his first explanation of his decision to force out Michael T. Flynn, his national security adviser, on Monday, Mr. Trump said he was not troubled that Mr. Flynn had spoken with Russia's ambassador in December, when the subject of sanctions against Russia was discussed.

"When I looked at the information, I said I don't think he did anything wrong," Mr. Trump said. "In fact, I think he did something right
."

The problem, he said, was that Mr. Flynn told Vice President Mike Pence that sanctions did not come up during the conversation, an assertion belied by a transcript of the call, which was monitored by American intelligence agencies.

"The thing is he didn't tell our vice president properly and then he said he didn't remember," Mr. Trump said. "So either way, it wasn't very satisfactory to me."

But reports about contacts between his circle and Russia were "fake news put out by the media," he said. He said he had called on the Justice Department to investigate leaks regarding Mr. Flynn and other matters.

With so many crises in the first four weeks of his presidency, Mr. Trump disputed impressions that his administration was out of control.

"To be honest, I inherited a mess, a mess, at home and abroad, a mess," he said. "Jobs are pouring out of the country. See what's going on with all of the companies leaving the country, going to Mexico and other places." Overseas, he said he found "disaster."

"We're going to take care of it all," he said. "I just want you to know I inherited a mess."

He said he would sign a new executive order next week or perhaps later that will "comprehensively protect our country" while still defending his original travel ban in court. Last week he had said he would take action as early as Monday of this week.

"There has never been a presidency that has done so much in such a short period of time," Mr. Trump said. "And we haven't even started the big work that starts early next week." He added, "We're just getting started."

His expansive review of his accomplishments, though, included some misinformation.

He asserted that his victory in the Electoral College was the largest since Ronald Reagan. But he won fewer Electoral College votes than three of the four presidents since Reagan: Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and George Bush.

When a reporter pointed that out, Mr. Trump brushed it off. "I was given that information," he said.

[...]

The Guardian quotes him saying that his administration runs "like fine-tuned machine".
—Stephen Jay Gould