News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on February 06, 2017, 10:42:57 AM
Robert Reich keeps suggesting that the Berkeley rioters protesters were actually operatives working for Milo.  Anyone here agree?

The looked like the Black Bloc.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on February 06, 2017, 11:57:03 AM
QuoteDonald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.
I wonder if Trump's presidency will end with some kind of scene like that famous "The Downfall" Hitler-scene where he cannot accept the reality of his defeat. If Trump loses the presidential election in 2020, I can see him ranting way about election fraud and him being the rightful president for quite a while after the election...

Maximus

Quote from: derspiess on February 06, 2017, 10:42:57 AM
Robert Reich keeps suggesting that the Berkeley rioters protesters were actually operatives working for Milo.  Anyone here agree?
Not knowingly. They were probably black bloc, but yea they were helping him.

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

The failing @nytimes writes total fiction concerning me. They have gotten it wrong for two years, and now are making up stories & sources!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Trump will not be allowed to address parliament during his visit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

He seems to be a bit obsessed about the NYT considering they are only writing "fake news" in his opinion. Why does he even care then?

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on February 06, 2017, 01:27:02 PM
QuoteDonald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

The failing @nytimes writes total fiction concerning me. They have gotten it wrong for two years, and now are making up stories & sources!

His obsession with the NYT is hilarious, and they are probably loving all that exposure.

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 06, 2017, 10:26:02 AM
2.  I think I have explained why this particular change is not desirable, even if were it achieved in a lawful way.  Separating the entity from the shareholder is really the sine qua non of a corporation.  If that is altered in a consistent way, it would undermine the liability shield and thus make the corporate form useless for its traditional purpose.  If instead it is altered to preserve separateness to shield the shareholder, but loosened to expand the powers and rights of shareholders, then it is abusive and inequitable.  Hobby Lobby is a great example - why should two controlling shareholders be able to foist their religious views on all the employees of large far-flung corporate enterprise, while protecting the  income and wealth they derive from these enterprises behind a wall of trust structures and limited liability shields?  If rights pass through, so should duties and obligations; if the corporation instead is a protective wall, the wall should function both ways as well.

I have a small related question as to the current status of the laws in regards to discrimination, not what Trump is proposing.

Currently, a corporation is seperate from its shareholders, so an American shareholder could not invoke his religious values to discriminate against gays (or any other group).  Does that still applies for legal business forms were the owner is not legally seperated from its business?  I suppose you also have an equivalent of what we have here, very small businesses operating under a business name, but not incorporated, therefore from a legal and fiscal point of view, there is no difference between the owner and the business?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Zanza on February 06, 2017, 01:28:14 PM
He seems to be a bit obsessed about the NYT considering they are only writing "fake news" in his opinion. Why does he even care then?

He's from New York.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2017, 01:27:37 PM
Trump will not be allowed to address parliament during his visit.

I just hope he avoids arrest for hate speech while he's there.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.