News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on January 30, 2017, 06:52:13 AM
Because he's hilarious.  Alas, he's no CC; CC would be hurling the insults by now, whereas LaCroix is being strictly professional about his trolling.  Still, one can admire a professional troll at work.

Pfft, this reeks of false modesty.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on January 30, 2017, 06:48:45 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on January 29, 2017, 10:49:54 PM
huh, like five hours later literally no reputable (or even non-reputable looks like) news company has released anything screaming considtutuonal crisis -- trump's america fascist, federal executive ignores judiciary. crazy, not even slate is saying that

Classic red herring.  Dunno why you think we are dumb enough to fall for it, though.

Yeah that is his thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on January 30, 2017, 06:46:43 AM
Man it has only been a little longer than a week.

Gotta wonder why Bannon is in such a hurry.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 30, 2017, 07:17:25 AM

Yeah, the Trump administration seems to have chosen the way of most resistance for implementing its agenda. Maybe they hoped to get the bitter pill down quickly so voters had more or less got used to all the shit in 2018?

Syt

I currently feel that Groucho's presidency of Fredonia in Duck Soup was more competent and professional than Trump's has been so far.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on January 30, 2017, 07:21:57 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 30, 2017, 07:17:25 AM

Yeah, the Trump administration seems to have chosen the way of most resistance for implementing its agenda. Maybe they hoped to get the bitter pill down quickly so voters had more or less got used to all the shit in 2018?

Luckily, I think they are making a mistake here. Their comrades in Hungary has been much more smarter about this, enacting their anti-democratic changes gradually, on an almost glacial pace.

That works better I think. It is like how you boil a frog: if you just crank up the temperature, the frog will jump out. But increase it gradually, letting the frog get used to each step before turning it up, and it will burn to death without moving.

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 30, 2017, 06:59:51 AM
Quote from: grumbler on January 30, 2017, 06:52:13 AM
Because he's hilarious.  Alas, he's no CC; CC would be hurling the insults by now, whereas LaCroix is being strictly professional about his trolling.  Still, one can admire a professional troll at work.

Pfft, this reeks of false modesty.

:lol:  Okay, Buckwheat.  Whatever.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

I think they know that the lifespan of this administration is limited (Trump is a ticking bomb and could say or do something that will force him out in disgrace at any time).  They have to move while they can.

remember, Trump is a pathological liar.  That's gonna catch up to him pretty quickly.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

From the Gropenführer's Twitter:

QuoteOnly 109 people out of 325,000 were detained and held for questioning. Big problems at airports were caused by Delta computer outage,.....
protesters and the tears of Senator Schumer. Secretary Kelly said that all is going well with very few problems. MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on January 30, 2017, 07:35:35 AM

I think they know that the lifespan of this administration is limited (Trump is a ticking bomb and could say or do something that will force him out in disgrace at any time).  They have to move while they can.

remember, Trump is a pathological liar.  That's gonna catch up to him pretty quickly.

Move quickly to do what thought? Just cause damage? Seems like a short time span, isn't enough to fundamentally change lasting things about the gov't or the American people.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2017, 07:39:21 AM

Move quickly to do what thought? Just cause damage? Seems like a short time span, isn't enough to fundamentally change lasting things about the gov't or the American people.

Start worrying when they start organising their armed-to-the-teeth voters into centrally directed, local "self defense groups"

CountDeMoney

Donald J. Trump Verified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

There is nothing nice about searching for terrorists before they can enter our country. This was a big part of my campaign. Study the world!

4:27 AM - 30 Jan 2017

"Study the world," he says.  :lol:  God, what a reprehensible human being.  :lol: 

How many fatal terror attacks have refugees carried out in the US? None

Jihadist groups hail Trump's travel ban as a victory

garbon

Quote from: Syt on January 30, 2017, 07:36:37 AM
From the Gropenführer's Twitter:

QuoteOnly 109 people out of 325,000 were detained and held for questioning. Big problems at airports were caused by Delta computer outage,.....
protesters and the tears of Senator Schumer. Secretary Kelly said that all is going well with very few problems. MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN

I never knew the tears of my senator were so powerful! Glad we re-elected him. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

To make America a white-male & christian supremacist state? Maybe even put themselves in power with no term limit.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 30, 2017, 07:59:20 AM

To make America a white-male & christian supremacist state? Maybe even put themselves in power with no term limit.

Your first sentence is exactly the sort of thing that can't happen in a short time span - not if they want it to last past that short period of time.