Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2017, 10:40:15 PM
Wrong border wall.  :mad:
Hey we have more Coast than the rest of youse guys combined, so quit your bitching about protecting the USA.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: LaCroix on January 29, 2017, 05:45:54 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 29, 2017, 05:44:30 PMOn what basis are they denying access to counsel?

some dude probably doesn't want to risk losing his job, so he's waiting until further orders

If true, he sure as shit should lose it now.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

LaCroix

huh, like five hours later literally no reputable (or even non-reputable looks like) news company has released anything screaming considtutuonal crisis -- trump's america fascist, federal executive ignores judiciary. crazy, not even slate is saying that

good thing we have oex around to tell us that which the media is afraid to announce in this trumpenreich

11B4V

Quote from: LaCroix on January 29, 2017, 10:49:54 PM
huh, like five hours later literally no reputable (or even non-reputable looks like) news company has released anything screaming considtutuonal crisis -- trump's america fascist, federal executive ignores judiciary. crazy, not even slate is saying that

good thing we have oex around to tell us that which the media is afraid to announce in this trumpenreich

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

LaCroix

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: LaCroix on January 29, 2017, 10:49:54 PM

http://washingtonmonthly.com/2017/01/29/is-steve-bannon-trying-to-instigate-a-constitutional-crisis/

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/01/28/trump_has_suspended_due_process_for_muslims.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/29/trump-s-border-patrol-defies-judge-u-s-senator-at-dulles-airport-at-his-first-constitutional-crisis-unfolds.html

https://www.bustle.com/p/is-trumps-immigration-order-a-constitutional-crisis-the-travel-ban-has-caused-chaos-33920

About a half dozen more just on "constitutional crisis" .  Haven't searched the rest yet.

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

LaCroix

there's another salon article out there that blames the delay at dulles on chaos, so I dunno which article trumps the other

but I will concede some non-reputable news sources have released hysterical articles calling this a constitutional crisis

CountDeMoney

LaCroix

when people are douchebags to me, it's fair game (re oex, not minsky)

The Minsky Moment

The Daily Beast was quoting Senator Booker.  Are you saying they got the quotes wrong?
--Joan Robinson

Zoupa

Why are y'all engaging the troll?

The only excuse is being bored. Apart from that let him stew in his own feces.

LaCroix

oh no, I saw a handful of democratic politicians call this a constitutional crisis on twitter, etc. that's just politics, though. the executive flatly ignoring the judiciary would probably be one of the craziest things to ever happen in the history of the country. so, when someone here posts that's happening, it's hysterical AF unless it's actually going down.

it's clearly not happening with this incident. there are too many facts showing efforts to comply.

dps

Quote from: LaCroix on January 29, 2017, 11:13:50 PM
when people are douchebags to me, it's fair game (re oex, not minsky)

Dude, this is Languish--douchebaggery here is practically encouraged.  But you're getting on Seedy's nerves, which probably isn't the best place to be.