Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 29, 2017, 08:17:07 AM
Quote from: Zanza on January 29, 2017, 04:03:21 AM
Amateurs

The American people decided they didn't want professionals anymore.

The American people are getting what they voted for.  :Embarrass:

Well the majority of voters did not for this. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Oh good to see McConnell continue to be a sack of shit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 29, 2017, 11:03:12 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on January 29, 2017, 08:17:07 AM
The American people are getting what they voted for.  :Embarrass:

Well the majority of voters did not for this. ;)

Only the important majority of certain states that matter more than others.

garbon

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 29, 2017, 02:19:48 AM
Quote from: dps on January 29, 2017, 02:00:00 AM
I'm reasonably sure that won't hold up in court, though I don't really know all that much about immigration law.

Sure, but I'm amazed it can even get that far.  I would think it would be an unlawful order for ICE to obey.

This is what happens when you think an "Executive Order" is some sort of directive "From the Desk of the CEO" at the corporate home office, without having the all the lawyers and affected relevant departments involved.  We call this "making shit up as we go along."

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2017, 11:32:35 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 29, 2017, 02:19:48 AM
Quote from: dps on January 29, 2017, 02:00:00 AM
I'm reasonably sure that won't hold up in court, though I don't really know all that much about immigration law.

Sure, but I'm amazed it can even get that far.  I would think it would be an unlawful order for ICE to obey.

This is what happens when you think an "Executive Order" is some sort of directive "From the Desk of the CEO" at the corporate home office, without having the all the lawyers and affected relevant departments involved.  We call this "making shit up as we go along."

It's funny - the content of the order is so horrific, that the gross incompetency of how it was put into place is being lost.

Bannon wrote this up, had Trump sign it, and executed it without bothering to ask any Adminstration lawyers if it was legal, without asking the DOD if it would impact any of their assets, without asking DHS if they could physically actually implement it with creating chaos.

Ignore for a moment the actual policy, and this thing is a hot mess that was clearly thrown together by amateurs. And the fact that they are amateurs isn't so bad - but the fact that they are amateurs who think they are smarter than the professionals and hence refuse to ask for advice or help even on basic procedural stuff, is fucking hilarious.

And terrifying. But I am sure I am just being a hysterical liberal.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on January 29, 2017, 11:36:06 AM
It's funny - the content of the order is so horrific, that the gross incompetency of how it was put into place is being lost.

Bannon wrote this up, had Trump sign it, and executed it without bothering to ask any Adminstration lawyers if it was legal, without asking the DOD if it would impact any of their assets, without asking DHS if they could physically actually implement it with creating chaos.

Ignore for a moment the actual policy, and this thing is a hot mess that was clearly thrown together by amateurs. And the fact that they are amateurs isn't so bad - but the fact that they are amateurs who think they are smarter than the professionals and hence refuse to ask for advice or help even on basic procedural stuff, is fucking hilarious.

And terrifying. But I am sure I am just being a hysterical liberal.

Don't worry, <insert text referencing how Donald Trump will "pivot">

At least maybe the generals will keep a lid on the National Security Council going bonkers OH WAIT

LaCroix

if bannon gets purged because of incompetency, then so be it. we all must make sacrifices in the trumpenreich

CountDeMoney

Quote from: LaCroix on January 29, 2017, 11:41:51 AM
if bannon gets purged because of incompetency, then so be it. we all must make sacrifices in the trumpenreich

:lol:  Dude, Chris Christie already played the role of Ernst Röhm.  Bannon's gone full Goebbels.

LaCroix

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/825750390843068416
QuoteMovie update! Trump will be hosting staff and family in the White House Family Theater this afternoon for a screening of Finding Dory.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

QuoteMovie update! Trump will be hosting staff and family in the White House Family Theater this afternoon for a screening of Finding Dory.

We're all going to die.   :lol:  I'm not even going to pay my bills anymore.

Grinning_Colossus

The ghost of Osama bin Laden signing Trump's EO? That's cutting.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?