And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 12, 2017, 06:57:41 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 12, 2017, 05:21:05 PM
I'll pray for you (as a group, not individually-- hope that works).

No way.  I don't want to share my prayer with those other jerks.

I would definitely need a whole prayer, partial just won't cut it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Jacob on January 12, 2017, 06:18:37 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2017, 03:58:57 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 12, 2017, 02:09:23 PM
Didn't know that.

Fuck, she is.

Putin really won. Xi must be so angry.

Xi is playing the long game.  Let's see how the rest of the 21st century plays out.

I don't see what Xi has to be angry about? I mean, so... Putin is undermining a bunch of Western institutions and buying some influence. If we're looking at this purely in terms of geopolitical rivals then Xi is watching one of his rivals undermine another rival. Why would that bother him?

In the it could have been me way.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on January 12, 2017, 02:43:08 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on January 12, 2017, 02:29:02 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 11, 2017, 12:01:49 PM
Show of hands-- who posted this fake news on Facebook?  And didn't Zuckerberg say he was gonna protect us against this stuff?

Oh, NOW you care about it? None of this is fake news, by the way. The networks and newspapers are reporting on a memo from a private investigation firm. CNN isn't leading the nightly news with "TRUMP PEES ON RUSSIAN WHORES, WE HAVE PROOF!"

Spicey is just launching trolls on his bitter HARD LEFT enemies. Nothing he says is to be taken in earnest.
Just because you're trolling doesn't mean you don't truly believe most of what you're saying.

CountDeMoney

You honestly think you're getting one, Stein?

Valmy

I feel bad for you guys.  Most of you seemed to have a lot riding on the Trump story. 

I have alot riding on Trump being much better than I think he is going to be. Don't we all?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

FBI, Justice Department to be investigated over Clinton probe
Stephen Collinson Profile
By Stephen Collinson and Evan Perez, CNN
Updated 6:32 PM ET, Thu January 12, 2017

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/12/politics/doj-watchdog-launches-probe-into-handling-of-clinton-email-investigation/index.html
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Ben Carson Doesn't Rule Out Trump Benefiting From HUD Money

Ben Carson would not answer whether President-elect Donald Trump could benefit from Department of Housing and Urban Develop loans during a fierce line of questioning from Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren at his confirmation hearing Thursday.

"If there happens to be an extraordinarily good program that's working for millions of people and it turns out that someone that you're targeting is going to gain, you know, $10 from it, am I going to say 'No'?" Carson asked. "Logic and common sense probably would be the best way."

Trump, who has made most of his fortune in real estate, announced on Wednesday an ethics plan aimed at avoiding conflicts of interests between his business dealings and role as president. But Warren, along with the head of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics and ethics experts, said the plan falls far short.

"The reason you can't assure us of that is because the president-elect is hiding his family's business interests from you, from me, from the rest of America," Warren said.

Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown noted that Trump's financial disclosure forms show he owns a stake in at least one government-subsidized rental property in New York City. Carson promised to alert the Senate Banking, House and Urban Affairs Committeeto to any potential dealings with the property.

Carson faced tough questions from Democrats for both his own past comments and those of the president-elect. Many sought assurances that Carson, who has pledged to cut billions in government spending, would preserve government assistance to afford housing.

"Safety net programs are important, I would never advocate abolishing them without an alternative," Carson said. He called rental assurance "essential."

The accomplished neurosurgeon turned 2016 presidential candidate previously indicated he had no interest in serving in Trump's cabinet amid speculation he could be nominated to lead Health and Human Services. Instead he was chosen to head HUD, an area where his views are largely unknown.

Carson also faced questions about how he would manage a large federal agency with a $48 billion budget. He pledged to surround himself with knowledgeable people and go on a "listening tour" to solicit the best ideas from people around the country.

Carson gained national prominence in 1987 for his role in helping to separate infant conjoined twins. His life story was made into a movie and was at the center of his presidential run.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/ben-carson-stresses-life-story-hud-nomination-n706101?cid=par-sy-juno-gen4
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2017, 07:29:32 PM

Whatever, the Mormons will still give me one for free. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote"If there happens to be an extraordinarily good program that's working for millions of people and it turns out that someone that you're targeting is going to gain, you know, $10 from it, am I going to say 'No'?" Carson asked.

:lol:  Yes, Doctor.  Who are you to say 'No'? 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 12, 2017, 07:43:58 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2017, 07:29:32 PM

Whatever, the Mormons will still give me one for free.

Yeah.  But not for a while yet.  :contract:

DGuller

If you're out, I'm out.  I'd rather be able to read Minsky's posts in hell than make do without them in heaven.  :blush:

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on January 12, 2017, 07:32:38 PM
I feel bad for you guys.  Most of you seemed to have a lot riding on the Trump story. 

I have alot riding on Trump being much better than I think he is going to be. Don't we all?

IMO no.

11B4V

dps

Quote from: Valmy on January 12, 2017, 07:32:38 PM

He'll be the 5th President in a row that I've prayed would be better than I thought he'd be.  That's not really a problem;  the problem is that my expectations are so low for him--he could be better than I think he'll be and still be the worst President of my lifetime.

Of course, I'd have said the same thing about Hillary, except I'd have had to use a different pronoun, as I'm sure CdM will be quick to point out.