What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on December 23, 2016, 09:38:50 AM
Where can I find odds and lay a bet that Trump will be the first* president to be replaced by the VP, because of declining mental fitness?

* I'm assuming this hasn't happened before?  :bowler:

I dunno. Are we counting Nancy Reagan and George Sr. replacing Ronald Reagan due to Alzheimer's? :hmm:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2016, 02:46:00 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 23, 2016, 02:43:36 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 23, 2016, 01:41:17 PM

FDR was more physical decline though.  So maybe some 19th century president.

FDR had eleven martinis a day. He couldn't have been in top form most of the time.

Well, at least he never had to worry about being a fall-down drunk.

:D

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2016, 02:45:25 PM
Luckily, the F-22 is still best thing flying out there.
yes, but there aren't that many, and it's only for air-to-air superiority, it can't attack ground targets.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

I split the nuclear proliferation posts into another thread, in order to keep this one conventional.

PJL

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2016, 02:46:00 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 23, 2016, 02:43:36 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 23, 2016, 01:41:17 PM

FDR was more physical decline though.  So maybe some 19th century president.

FDR had eleven martinis a day. He couldn't have been in top form most of the time.

Well, at least he never had to worry about being a fall-down drunk.

Well he was dealing with Churchill, who was a notorious drinker as well. Meanwhile Hitler was at best a light drinker if not a teetotal. So if anything the alcohol probably helped win the war.  :D

Tonitrus

Quote from: viper37 on December 23, 2016, 03:36:55 PM
yes, but there aren't that many, and it's only for air-to-air superiority, it can't attack ground targets.

https://theaviationist.com/2014/09/23/f-22-isis-compound/

https://theaviationist.com/2016/07/05/the-most-up-to-date-f-22-raptor-jets-are-currently-fighting-daesh/

QuoteAlthough they are rarely requested to attack ground targets, the Alaskan Raptors can now drop 8 GBU-39 small diameter bombs while previously they were limited to carry two 1,000-lb GBU-32 JDAMs (Joint Direct Attack Munitions) in the internal weapon bay: with the latest upgrade they can be tasked for missions which require greater precision.

CountDeMoney

QuoteAsked what he would like to happen in 2017, he said he hopes that "Obama catches mad cow disease" and dies after having relations with a Hereford, a type of cow. Asked what he would most like to see go, Paladino responded that Michelle Obama would "return to being male" and be "let loose" in Zimbabwe.

Trump 'friend' and N.Y. campaign co-chair says he wants Obama dead of 'mad cow disease' in 2017

In a statement to The Post, Paladino denied that the comments were racist.

"It has nothing to do with race," Paladino said. "That's the typical stance of the press when they can't otherwise defend the acts of the person being attacked."

Valmy

Quote"It has nothing to do with race," Paladino said. "That's the typical stance of the press when they can't otherwise defend the acts of the person being attacked."

So the proper and expected response to somebody saying such absurdly crude things is to defend policies?  :huh:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on December 23, 2016, 11:49:22 PM
Quote"It has nothing to do with race," Paladino said. "That's the typical stance of the press when they can't otherwise defend the acts of the person being attacked."

So the proper and expected response to somebody saying such absurdly crude things is to defend policies?  :huh:

This is the post-truth transition.  In America, one can now say "Yeah, I call them niggers, but that's not racist; I'm just speaking my mind" and not only not be howled off the stage, but can get a top job in the incoming administration.  Any criticism of racism is just the press unable to defend Obama's long national nightmare of peace and prosperity.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: mongers on December 23, 2016, 09:38:50 AM
Where can I find odds and lay a bet that Trump will be the first* president to be replaced by the VP, because of declining mental fitness?

* I'm assuming this hasn't happened before?  :bowler:

Should have happened to Wilson, but his wife used him as a puppet instead.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 23, 2016, 07:12:32 PM

https://theaviationist.com/2016/07/05/the-most-up-to-date-f-22-raptor-jets-are-currently-fighting-daesh/

QuoteAlthough they are rarely requested to attack ground targets, the Alaskan Raptors can now drop 8 GBU-39 small diameter bombs while previously they were limited to carry two 1,000-lb GBU-32 JDAMs (Joint Direct Attack Munitions) in the internal weapon bay: with the latest upgrade they can be tasked for missions which require greater precision.

I stand corrected.  still, it's main role is air superiority.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

Quote from: viper37 on December 24, 2016, 10:08:27 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on December 23, 2016, 07:12:32 PM

I stand corrected.  still, it's main role is air superiority.

Yeah, they added in ground strike capability after they were deployed, which made sense.

They are pretty much wasted dropping bombs on ISIS though. We can do that with resources one hell of a lot cheaper than the price tag on a F-22.

However...their A-G strike capability could be pretty damn useful if we ever do need to drop some bombs on a target with sophisticated defenses.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on December 23, 2016, 01:47:21 PM
Lincolns mental capacity dropped sharply in the last part of his presidency.

Too soon.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: The Brain on December 25, 2016, 04:13:08 AM
Quote from: Berkut on December 23, 2016, 01:47:21 PM
Lincolns mental capacity dropped sharply in the last part of his presidency.

Too soon.

I remember Johnny Carson telling a Lincoln assassination joke on The Tonight Show about 30 years ago, and the studio audience actually booed.  Johnny just looked at Ed McMahon and said, "Make a note to the writers--no Lincoln jokes.  It's still too soon".