And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on December 17, 2016, 12:40:21 PM
"Unpresidented - The Trump Years"

It's like we voted for the love child of Biff Tannen and Cartman.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Barrister on December 16, 2016, 06:02:16 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on December 16, 2016, 05:06:58 PM
Personally I think Trump will be an awful president; but I'll admit I was wrong and that he was at least a mediocre president if:

1.)  He isn't impeached.
2.)  No member of his cabinet is charged with a crime.
3.)  The deficit remains under $500,000,000,000 (it's projected level for FY 2017.)
4.)  There isn't a new humanitarian crisis on the scale of Syria anywhere in the world.
5.)  The US doesn't engage in a military intervention that results in a worse crisis than our intervention in Libya did.
6.)  A tariff war does not emerge.

While #5 is fair, on #4 Trump has made it clear he simply doesn't care about humanitarian crises in other countries.

Why should he? To be honest the U.S. cannot win on that issue--when we interfere a segment calls us butchers, nation-builders, imperialists etc. When we don't, you have beta males like Francois Hollande pussy-bleeding that we haven't done enough militarily (while he sits on his fat ass, on top of a two trillion dollar economy great power that is too feckless to properly fund a military for engaging in the sort of interventions around the greater Mediterranean region he demands of the United States--sorry bud, sometimes your military may need to do more than bomb people in mud huts living in Libya and Mali.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 17, 2016, 05:22:41 PM
beta males like Francois Hollande pussy-bleeding

I lol'd, avec esprit!

Quote(while he sits on his fat ass, on top of a two trillion dollar economy great power that is too feckless to properly fund a military for engaging in the sort of interventions around the greater Mediterranean region he demands of the United States--sorry bud, sometimes your military may need to do more than bomb people in mud huts living in Libya and Mali.)

See, now this is the one thing that has always irked me about French foreign policy:  they have no problem running around their post-colonial sphere of influence in Africa with an operational tempo that rivals the US, getting Legionnaires beaucoup trigger time--but yet when it comes to their historic responsibilities in the Levant, other than an impressive HUMINT ground game, you never see French kepis.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

I got my dad a Trump Chia pet as a gag gift.

Also a Hilary one. I expect it to have a tragic accident with a wall or hammer.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Does the grass grow in blond? That would be awesome. I want one for my office.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Sadly, green according to the commercials.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2016, 12:50:45 PM

I think you're giving him too much credit:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/810288321880555520
QuoteWe should tell China that we don't want the drone they stole back.- let them keep it!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 16, 2016, 01:36:53 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 16, 2016, 01:30:49 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 16, 2016, 01:12:26 PM
Bite me. I didn't vote for him.

I didn't say you did. You're on record as saying you think he's a total joke. You're also mocking the people who are freaking out about Trump. I'm just wondering where your personal line for crossing over into "yeah, they were right to freak out" is.

Gays lose their rights. People rounded up. Since the pants wetters think that is gonna happen, that'll be my standard.

Eh, that first is more likely to happen if Pence becomes President. I think a collapse of NATO, major trade war with China, actual shooting war with China, Iran, or N. Korea is something we should be more worried about under Trump.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on December 18, 2016, 02:09:11 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2016, 12:50:45 PM

I think you're giving him too much credit:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/810288321880555520
QuoteWe should tell China that we don't want the drone they stole back.- let them keep it!

I didn't say the love child wasn't an eighth grade mean girl.

DGuller

SNL opening skit was pretty brutal last night.  I wonder if those skits are trying to influence Trump, by appealing to his ego.

CountDeMoney

This ought to keep him busy on the shitter at 4:11 AM.

QuoteFormer Clinton Staffer Tracking Potential Trump Conflicts on 'Corrupt.af' Website
by Phil McCausland

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/former-clinton-staffer-tracking-potential-trump-conflicts-corrupt-af-website-n694696

The Hillary Clinton campaign's former digital director for communications is making a splash with a new website that tries to catalog possible conflicts of interest posed by Donald Trump.

And as serious as those conflicts may be, the cheeky nature of the portal is indicated by its obscenity-implied URL: Corrupt.af.

Matt Ortega, who worked for the Clinton campaign through the primary, says he created the website and maintains it on his own. He first began promoting it a few weeks after the election.

Corrupt.af pulls its domain suffix — the rarely seen .af — from Afghanistan's country code, but it is not affiliated with the war-torn nation.

Instead it is meant to highlight how corrupt Trump could be, since "af" is a modern abbreviation for "as f-ck" — that is, very.

"[Trump] attacked Hillary Clinton with exaggerated and false "pay-to-play" allegations over the Clinton Foundation," Ortega told NBC News. "He created the examples of what was disqualifying and is brazenly engaged in conducting them himself."

The website tracks the amount of reported cases of potential corruption and the number of hours since the latest report. It currently cites 62 reports of "corruption."

Corrupt.af has received nearly 500,000 page views since its inception.

"Yesterday it was buckling a bit under the weight of traffic," Ortega said late last week. "There were as many as 1,200 people on the site at any given moment for much of the day."

Ortega — who says he will continue the website as long as he can — says he mostly sees spikes in traffic when he puts a new instance on Facebook or Twitter.

He believes the project is necessary, he said, because tracking Trump's many interests can be overwhelming.

"It may even be possible Trump's people count on the sheer volume to cause peoples' eyes to just glaze over and forget about it. That's my fear," Ortega said.

FunkMonk

The Trump presidency will be the most triggered administration of all time. OF ALL TIME

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 18, 2016, 09:16:21 PM
The Trump presidency will be the most triggered administration of all time. OF ALL TIME

Sure, it's all fun and games until you have come in to work one day, and your statistical compilation and analysis is limited to .ru sites.  Have fun editing all that data, Winston. 

Jacob

I like the amount of effort they put into explaining .af