News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

McNamara had probably about the same profile. Successful businessman at a large industrial company, no public administration experience.

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on December 14, 2016, 09:44:03 AM
raise an eyebrow probably. for reporters, maybe look into things.

Ok. That looks to be all that is happening. I don't see he is on trial for treason or espionage or something. We already have concerns about Russia so it is not a good look yes?

Quotefor conspiracy theorists, use as further proof trump receives orders from master putin

Oh FFS. That is not what I asked you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on December 14, 2016, 09:53:01 AM
McNamara had probably about the same profile. Successful businessman at a large industrial company, no public administration experience.

I thought McNamara had a pretty big role in WWII before his private sector success.

Also is he really the model for success? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2016, 09:54:31 AM
Quote from: celedhring on December 14, 2016, 09:53:01 AM

I thought McNamara had a pretty big role in WWII before his private sector success.

Also is he really the model for success? :P

Well, he was SoD, but for some reason he jumped to my mind when the Tillerson appointment was announced.

Is McNamara considered competent? He's usually cast in a bad light over here, but we're not in America.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on December 14, 2016, 09:57:41 AM
Is McNamara considered competent? He's usually cast in a bad light over here, but we're not in America.

He is pretty synonymous with failure.

LaCroix

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2016, 09:53:34 AM

Ok. That looks to be all that is happening. I don't see he is on trial for treason or espionage or something. We already have concerns about Russia so it is not a good look yes?

Quotefor conspiracy theorists, use as further proof trump receives orders from master putin

seems like it's more than a raised eyebrow from some, and that's been my main issue. it seems less an objective criticism and more a kneejerk reaction

re: FFS, I know  :P

PRC

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2016, 09:58:50 AM

The documentary "the Fog of War" which I think you can find on youtube is a pretty good watch.  It's basically an interview with McNamara covering some of the events he was involved in and lessons learned. 

celedhring

Quote from: PRC on December 14, 2016, 11:53:09 AM

The documentary "the Fog of War" which I think you can find on youtube is a pretty good watch.  It's basically an interview with McNamara covering some of the events he was involved in and lessons learned.

I watched it. Pretty interesting but a decent chunk of it was him deflecting blame to Johnson - who was long dead and thus could hardly defend himself - for Vietnam.

MadImmortalMan

Some handwriting analysis on that signature? Looks...intense.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Ford Motor Company = not really a failure.
Neither was surviving the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Now, Vietnam? World Bank? Nuclear proliferation?  Different, but not synonymous.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2016, 09:53:34 AM

He loves to be the devil's advocate on anything concerning Trump and his reign.  I guess he feels like he needs to balances out the anguish that is seen elsewhere on the web by adopting a silly pose that we should wait until someone does something bad before evincing concern.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on December 14, 2016, 01:49:34 PM
He loves to be the devil's advocate on anything concerning Trump and his reign.

Edited unnecessary qualifier.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?